1 ... 3 4 5
loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/10/19 11:00 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I put my answer in your other thread. Performance will likely be better with the 265's but steering feel is better with 235's but I base this all on running R-comps. We ran Bridgestone RE-11 in 265 rear, 235 front sizes at our local events and the car did very well and even won PAX but that was on asphalt. On high grip concrete, you may lift and spin the inside rear tire and will want to run a thicker front bar to help with that but then you'll need wider front tires to return balance.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
5/9/19 7:57 a.m.

I just watched your video. If you look back at page 1 of this thread, I warn you to keep checking CV bolts because they come loose. I'm glad you caught it before any damage occurred

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/9/19 9:14 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Thank you! We did check after the first 2 events and everything was tight. When we heard the noise your warning was the second thing that came to mind after loose lug bolts.

Now how the heck do we fix it? I found safety wire ready bolts for air cooled cars, but not ours.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
5/9/19 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I don't know, we used red loctite and it would still happen eventually. I think you just need to make it part of regular maintenance. Bring the tools you need and we also bought spare bolts in case one or two went missing

1 ... 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
oiMOIoxGtGcSGXr4Dhi8EaGJHXyIm0thSjFkDIK2JWlRmqIvE2grfZmieSdLY1RT