1 2
Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
8/19/14 9:52 a.m.

I really want to build an 82-93 S-dime with a 4.8/T-5 for CAM.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
8/19/14 10:20 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: In reply to Duke: Was that Bruce? And was he running with a guy in a '65 Valiant?

Small world! No, the Sonoma is owned by a guy named Walt. Bruce runs his 2014 (2013?) Camaro - Bruce is the guy who just had the side airbags deploy at out last event, which I mentioned in the CTS-V thread. But yeah, the guy in the '65 Valiant is named Frank and he just started running with us this year, too, in my version of CAM, called Classic Street Car, which is open to anything 1978 and older that is not too radically modified. Frank showed up to help set up last Saturday driving a white mid-'60s Valiant / Dart, but he didn't run that one.

If you know these guys, you should definitely come run with us. I'd love to see the 'Cuda, or anything else you bring. Our last event this year is October 11 in Dover.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
8/19/14 10:26 a.m.

In reply to Duke:

Frank is one of my buddies. That was his '64 Dart last week. Him, Bruce & Mike with the GLH Omni are trying to get me to come down for an event. I will when the shop schedule allows. I'll check the calendar for Oct 11.

To get this thread back on track, my Shelby Dak will eventually be out to autocross.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
8/19/14 10:44 a.m.

I was going to autox my Dakota for my first season but got an A3 just in time. With one kid in a kart and the other 2 not far behind, I've been doing quite research on making a small truck handle. Thinking autox and hillclimbing. The biggest truck I've seen was a full size Ram RT10 on stock suspension.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/19/14 10:44 a.m.
RoughandReady wrote:
MrChaos wrote: In reply to RoughandReady: that truck is lowered what looks like 5 inches up front and 6 inches out back.
berkeleyING MEAN. Anyone have any info on the truck itself, the engine, etc? I don't care what you do to the suspension, I don't see a 3.0 doing ANYTHING.

that looks like an 98 or newer body style ranger so the options were: 2.3l Duratec, 2.5l, 3.0 Vulcan, 4.0 Cologne, and the 4.0.

I am assuming it could be a massaged Duratec since iirc focus parts work on the truck engine.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
8/19/14 11:31 a.m.

Now I want a turbo Ranger. Thanks a lot guys!

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/19/14 11:31 a.m.

In reply to MrChaos:

If you get one with a 3.0L vulcan and a 5sp, you can yank the E36 M3ty vulcan out and drop a sho engine in there.....

scardeal
scardeal Dork
8/19/14 12:33 p.m.

I saw a V8 Ranger autocross at our last event. It looked scary. Weird axle hop in the back and wobbling in corners.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
8/19/14 1:05 p.m.

In reply to scardeal:

Theres one around me that doesn't autox but has an IRS 8.8 in the back.....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/19/14 1:17 p.m.

Also, scca let's me autocross my el Camino. Do an elky!

Storz
Storz Dork
8/19/14 3:04 p.m.

I love roadrace/autocross/TT trucks

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
8/19/14 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Storz:

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
8/20/14 8:47 a.m.

After this event, I almost converted it over to autox . . . Those old B-stone Dueler HT were howling like crazy

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
8/20/14 10:52 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: If you're good at welding and have access to tubing...

I'd like to know more about this thing. My Google searching hasn't turned up anything. I've never had quite the reaction to an S10 that this one is causing. I'm not sure how to react to thinking an S10 is bad ass, I've never had this feeling before?

chrispy
chrispy Reader
8/21/14 9:41 a.m.

September Fastrack. SCCA is considering adding certain trucks to SM/SSM and STX.

beans
beans Dork
8/21/14 11:26 a.m.
fanfoy wrote: yes...

Ha. The Bradbury's strike again. That thing has a BBF and propane'd. Pretty sure they got rid of it. Should still have their F250 that John's autocrossed, though. They build some really nasty stuff. Currently, John is autocrossing a tube-framed Pinto with a 2.3 turbo engine, and Ethan's autox car is the black/blue Foxbird, also 2.3 turbo powered. Look for them at Nationals. I'm really surprised GRM hasn't picked up on the Bradbury's, they do some really innovative/wacky stuff and EVERYTHING they build is fast. I'm pretty good friends with Ethan, see him about once a week and at autocrosses.

From John a long time ago: "Here are some videos of our big block trucks. The white Ranger is a 545 with DOVE heads and a Vortech T trim supercharger. Truck weighs 3750 and fuel is propane. Best times as of yesterday was 11.1 @125mph. White F250 shortbed has a 557 with TFS heads and a Vortech V4 supercharger. Truck weighs 4620 and fuel is propane. Best time of 10.89 @ 126mph."

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
8/21/14 11:57 a.m.

I used my crew cab Silverado 1500 to 'test' the small course we set up for a Ford weekend. I do have great big sway bars front and rear on the truck. It was interesting. Halfway between fun and not fun.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7nbO32A6Vg5BI5DW0drpXvRR1FjrkkpHEkFWZzhUb56UFylaE00A4oIVhAPPhxiY