1 2
Don49
Don49 Dork
9/28/19 10:15 a.m.

For a more modern take on the Avanti, check out the Avanti AVX. Designed by Tom Kellog and based on an F body Firebird or Camaro. I got involved in this project in 1998 and helped with the paint on AVX #000001. It was built at Lang's Custom Auto in Harrisburg, Pa. and had a 650 hp motor built by Racecrafters in Lancaster, Pa. That baby would scoot. As far as I know new models are being built in Georgia and are legally using the Avanti name.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/19 12:27 p.m.

I have wanted one of these for a couple of years now.  It could be great to run one in CAM.  Good thing for me:

1) I am broke

2) Prices seem to be going up.

That makes an Avanti easy to resist.  frown  (BTW, just what is the plural of Avanti?)

noddaz

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/30/19 9:09 a.m.

Obviously the rights and molds for the Avanti are still around noted by the number of versions that have been made over the years.  I wonder why someone hasn't gone back to the shape of the originals?  I assume all the versions built in the last 30 years or so have effectively been registered as kit cars, so why not have the original and best looking version?  Not to offend anyone, but all the 'modern' versions highlight the design issues rather than improving on them.  To me the original is head and shoulders better than all the later versions, no matter the underhood and chassis improvements. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/30/19 9:18 a.m.
noddaz said:

(BTW, just what is the plural of Avanti?)

Avantii 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/30/19 9:34 a.m.
NickD said:
noddaz said:

(BTW, just what is the plural of Avanti?)

Avantii 

A herd of Unicorns?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jU0vS68GIwkUHMMUo0MoJNhubnYJSxEdL7mfU3q9vfrCs9aLcD3RAqLhgnQuf6EW