Jerry
Jerry New Reader
1/2/13 8:33 p.m.

I was learned this weekend of battery boxes, and how one would help keep mine covered up and keep unwanted dirt and crap off the posts while rallycrossing in dirt and mud.

Problem is, I can't seem to find what size battery it is? I'm not even sure it's a stock size battery as it hangs over the battery tray a bit. Had the car one year, battery was in it, could be a "I need a battery, this one in the corner of my garage might fit" or he could have replaced the battery tray with a generic one-size-fits-some.

So, I looked up batteries on Sear's website for reference, and it showed 3 different sizes as replacements. Group 27, 35 and 40R. Wonderful. It's a top post, has a model number of S33135, Diehard Gold. Beyond that, it looks like a black battery. Anyone?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
1/2/13 8:41 p.m.

Jerry, here's a chart of standard battery group sizes, if you want to measure yours, and see what has been stuffed in your car: http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.htm

If you have a small enough battery (and its not in the passenger compartment), you should be able to get by with a cheap marine grade battery box, and some generic mounting hardware from an auto parts store. If you want to put it inside the passenger area, I'd strongly recommend a sealed box, instead, though. Bill's Neon uses one of the marine boxes in the trunk. I have one laying around I probably won't be using, or IIRC, they tend to cost around $10 at a sporting goods store.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
1/2/13 8:44 p.m.

If the part number holds the clue, I would think it's a 35 series.

Jerry
Jerry New Reader
1/3/13 7:17 a.m.

Reply to eastsidemav:

The link is dead, but maybe I'll do some searching at work today for another. Thought about relocating up front for more weight, but for now I just want to cover it up.

Jerry
Jerry New Reader
1/3/13 8:12 a.m.

Google search, 2nd listing is:

http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.html

Guess them L's make a difference........

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0jcFxbJJMeU3BK4st7i0pW6DyflQ8ZgTzy4fraXB2Il4IbZb2hKe06q1vAxMFEb4