1 2
hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/3/10 1:23 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
integraguy wrote: I can't imagine why anyone would ever pay more than $4K for a nice/mint GLC, much less $8K. When the 1st gen. GLC appeared, Ford had just launched the VASTLY superior Fiesta.
The GLC is the same chassis, more or less, as the RX-3, no? Bolt in RX-7 crossmember to convert it to rotary? Try that with a Fiesta.

An RX3 crossmember bolts right in allowing for the rotary swap. Done by hundreds of drag racers throughout the US and PR. An RX2 rear end will also bolt in allowing for better gear choices.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
9/3/10 1:36 p.m.
Woody wrote:

Your car looks much better as number 6 than it does as number 9.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
9/3/10 1:56 p.m.
hobiercr wrote: I looked at this car last year in FL for another GRM board member. He sent me initial picts of the car and gave me the contact info of the guy in Tampa who was happy to show me the car. He hadn't owned it too long so I tend to believe he didn't know it's true history.

I tend to think the present owner knows the history. All the pictures he posted carefully avoid the trouble areas you found. Just compare the picture of the spare tire, to your picture. The eBay pic is carefully angled so you don't see the bend in the rim.

I think he knows, and is trying to pull a fast one.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/3/10 8:30 p.m.
Otto_Maddox wrote: In reply to Knurled: Maybe, but start out with a $300 GLC instead of an $8K GLC.

What's a $300 GLC?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sSCz74vgjZbwufC63vSYOskAen8VAZLsLaUalMoAJAs5KOVWz5NCM8Ja33PjJNO1