John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/09 9:13 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/14/cts-v-challenge-opened-up-to-any-would-be-caddy-killers/

May the best car win. So says General Motors' Bob Lutz, and he's willing to put his Pilotis where his mouth is... so to speak. On a conference call last month, Maximum Bob challenged any journalist to a duel with the Cadillac CTS-V, and, not surprisingly, the mantle was picked up right quick by the boys at Jalopnik. Rules? Sorta. Any stock production four-door sedan is reportedly eligible to go up against the Big V, and the drivers will be lining up against the clock on October 29 at the Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, N.Y. While Jalop's Wes Siler was originally slated to go up against Lutz in a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, that car has since been switched out in favor of the Jaguar XFR (earning the ire of TTAC in the process). Here's the best part: Anyone who happens to own a new comparable sport sedan, such as a BMW M3 or M5, perhaps a Mercedes-Benz AMG sedan or the Audi S4 (not to mention the Mitsubishi Evolution), is welcome to submit themselves for consideration to take part in the festivities in New York. We're not sure how the participants will be selected or exactly what the racing will entail, but if you're interested in throwing your hat into the ring, click here. For what it's worth, we've driven the CTS-V around Monticello, and we figure the smart money is on the Daddy Caddy.

Tim... I got some work for the 3 series ;)

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
10/14/09 9:29 a.m.

If he gets John Heinricy to drive, the Caddy's a shoe-in.

Unless we get Randy Pobst to drive the 335?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
10/14/09 10:47 a.m.

Too bad our 335 is a Coupe. A look to the parking lot reveals no contenders. Maybe some awesome manufacturer would like to sponsor our effort? Too bad the Neon is out of production, or I'd go all LeMons on him.

Getting Heinricy back would be cheating. It's gotta be Bob, who is worthy of my respect for—

a) Being a Jarhead
b) Owning his own MiG
c) Telling my former boss, Richard E. Dauch, how full of E36 M3 he was
d) Pulling a PR stunt like this.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ApebdbDZNqdN89dg2AWqSHc7RKNCupr1AhyKtazf0SnQActgmeVeBRBAff09ii7z