1 2
MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
8/16/18 7:13 a.m.
te72 said:

Just like some of my autocross times, the timing on this one kinda sucks haha. I mean, the folks in southern states, this contest is for you. For those of us up north, the season for tires like this, by the time the winner gets them, is coming to a close.

I mean, I could always let you know how they look being stored in the basement... =P

That's my worry of this when I entered. I do plenty of miles (500mi/wk) but being in Delaware, I'm not driving on these through December. Would be nice if they were lenient and let you take a break during that "6 months" of testing

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/19/18 10:15 a.m.

sorry to say, but with a lack of 16" sizes, they have nothing that fits on the Abarth

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
8/28/18 11:09 a.m.

Miata, no sizes for me.  Not really the sort of tires I would buy anyway.

TexSquirrel
TexSquirrel New Reader
8/29/18 4:54 p.m.

Well if I could get their website to work, I'd be able to see if they have tires available for a 996.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Reader
8/30/18 7:53 a.m.
TexSquirrel said:

Well if I could get their website to work, I'd be able to see if they have tires available for a 996.

If you are on stock size 18s or 997 19s yes they do.  My new wheels are 0.5” wider front and rear and I can probably make some tires work.  I have a beautiful car, HRE wheels, some awesome roads, a non phony be digi camera, write in semi-complete sentences, but I don’t do social media.  I entered anyway but since I don’t do zuckerbook, I bet I won’t win.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Reader
8/30/18 2:50 p.m.

This is the car and wheels I plan to mount these tires onto.  And then after the new tires are mounted and balanced, I plan to take a nice trip to the Hill Country and torture them on the 3 sisters (FM 335, 336 and 337).  I'll be shocked if it happens though since I don't FB.  I requested tires 10mm wider since these are a bit stretched due to the width of the wheels.  I have another set of wheels coming for these cars, but the 11" wide rears are too wide for 275s.  If Vredestein made 285s in 18", I'd put them on the new Apex wheels due late September.  I plan to use the Apex wheels for autoX and possibly some HPDE events. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/30/18 4:49 p.m.

I threw my hat in the ring. Let's see if they want their tires drag raced, autocrossed, 1/2 mile airport runwayed, hill climbed, track nighted, and then drifted...

RJStanford
RJStanford New Reader
9/4/18 9:38 a.m.

No good sizes for me unfortunately.  295 on the rear I can fit, but I need to run 275-285 up front.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Digital Experience Director
9/14/18 9:33 a.m.

Today is your last chance, everybody! Get those applications in!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Reader
9/18/18 10:46 a.m.

When will we know if we won the tire lotto?  I’m sure my local tire shop needs the mounting and balancing practice and I need the 10mm wider tires since the HREs are 0.5” wider than oem.  And let’s be honest, any reason to go out and drive a 996 a few thousand miles  is a good reason.

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
9/18/18 11:27 a.m.

I am in the market for some tires for my 7-Series in 20" sizing. Is there any Grassroots discount for an immediate purchase of these tires? Thanks!

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
YXtyx6zHUOm7HdqmGpXYDOua6rPF6XcrOxv7BEKfppIUVtb2Z727pmrCAKwLXbMx