1 2 3
Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/7/11 10:00 a.m.

Alright, so our art director JG Pasterjak and super illustrator Simon Paul have developed some of the coolest art we've ever had on our T-shirts. You may remember THIS THREAD that JG started on the subject.

Well, we're ready to reveal the art.

These will be available at the GRM experience at the Rolex 24 event, and will be the new official shirt in the GRM store shortly afterward.

I think one of the best shirts we've ever had, but based on feedback from the last thread I think this next bit will be even more exciting.

We're making a special edition run of black shirts.
We went renegade and snuck in the order, so y'all better like it or we'll be fired.

The black shirts will cost a little more (probably $5 more) and won't be available as a subscription premium, just as a separate item in the store. We'll only have a limited number (especially for small and XXL sizes.) so be ready to order in early February. Sell them out quickly and it will be easier to do it again.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
1/7/11 10:05 a.m.

Ack... apparently I need to turn in my GRM card... I recognize the 6-series on the left... but not what's on the right {kicks rocks}

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
1/7/11 10:06 a.m.

Is there an option to pre-order ? that may prove to be useful in demonstrating viability...

Oh, and me likey !!

mw
mw HalfDork
1/7/11 10:07 a.m.

That's great to hear about the black shirts. All of my white grm shirts are too stained to be considered formal wear.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/7/11 10:08 a.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

looks like an E30 M3, but the headlights have joined together.

I really want a black shirt, but my shirt size is Medium Sexy...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/7/11 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Chebbie_SB:

No, the technology to pre-order is not available to us yet. A nice "OMG I can't wait" is probably good enough to establish this as a good or bad idea.

Glad to hear you like it!

We'll have enough medium-sized shirts to make approximately 72 people very happy. I will be among them.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/7/11 10:11 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: Ack... apparently I need to turn in my GRM card... I recognize the 6-series on the left... but not what's on the right {kicks rocks}

It's a car.

We kept everything somewhat generic on purpose, so as not to stoke the inevitable fires of brand rivalries. We had to go a little E30 on one of them, though :)

jg

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
1/7/11 10:12 a.m.

The right is obviously the number one readers ride- Group 44 Jag. Do I get a cookie?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
1/7/11 10:14 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
ReverendDexter wrote: Ack... apparently I need to turn in my GRM card... I recognize the 6-series on the left... but not what's on the right {kicks rocks}
It's a car. We kept everything somewhat generic on purpose, so as not to stoke the inevitable fires of brand rivalries. We had to go a little E30 on one of them, though :) jg

It looks to me a little like an early 70s celica, or maybe a late 60s camaro? Im ok with either of those. Even if neither of those were the inspiration for right car, Im going to go on thinking it in my mind...I need those "little wins" these days

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
1/7/11 10:15 a.m.

...oh yeah...omfgluvit!!!

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
1/7/11 10:16 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: In reply to Chebbie_SB: No, the technology to pre-order is not available to us yet. A nice "OMG I can't wait" is probably good enough to establish this as a good or bad idea. Glad to hear you like it! We'll have enough medium-sized shirts to make approximately 72 people very happy. I will be among them.

OMG I cant wait !! It would be nice if GRM'ers that have subscriptions went to the head of the line for a specialty run like this, just thinking out loud...

SilverFleet
SilverFleet HalfDork
1/7/11 10:26 a.m.

That looks great guys!

I still want a Canoe Guy shirt.

forzav12
forzav12 Reader
1/7/11 10:28 a.m.

I'm out. No Miata. ;)

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/7/11 10:29 a.m.

The E30 was certainly to be expected, but I'm shocked that the car on the right isn't a CR-Z, as it is apparently the greatest car ever made.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/7/11 10:32 a.m.

One on the left looks more like a BMW 320 to me, at least in the greenhouse.

Regardless, cool looking shirts!

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
1/7/11 10:34 a.m.

I've heard the CRZ is the new Miata.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
1/7/11 10:37 a.m.

Very nice! Can't wait to order the black version.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/7/11 10:37 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: I've heard the CRZ is the new Miata.

I think it handles better and is lighter than a 5-door mazda...oh wait.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
1/7/11 10:44 a.m.

I'm in for a black XL. If these were available now, I'd take the drive to HQ for some instant gratification.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/7/11 10:47 a.m.

That's a mid-70's Cortina on the right.

Ninja wrench!

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
1/7/11 10:52 a.m.
Derick Freese wrote: I'm in for a black XL. If these were available now, I'd take the drive to HQ for some instant gratification.

If I was just a bit closer.....

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/7/11 10:52 a.m.

Sweet, now I'll have a "formal" GRM shirt to wear to weddings / funerals / bar mitzvahs etc.

I'm pretty sure the car on the right is a Vector.....or a Mangusta.....or maybe a Lada, or Model T. Although it would have been an AMC Eagle if my co-workers weren't so lame!

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Production Editor
1/7/11 10:54 a.m.

I'm going to buy up all the larges in black and hoard them. Yay black GRM T-shirts!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 HalfDork
1/7/11 10:55 a.m.
Keith wrote: That should be a mid-70's Lotus Cortina on the right.

Fixed that.

I just see two BMWs, but super cool shirt all the same!

motomoron
motomoron HalfDork
1/7/11 10:57 a.m.

I'll take a stack of black XLs!

I have 2 white shirts to wear during worker duty at blistering hot autocross events. The rest of the time I wear black like Johnny Cash:

"I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion - against a stagnant status quo, against our hypocritical houses of God, against people whose minds are closed to others' ideas."

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pggu4OblKZOY6twmcnaUlrsercKlhPq9WddbddjIIwuNIp90d9PPosjYowWE1Ay0