Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/25/08 10:00 a.m.

In the process of swapping rotaries, I have more than once run into the problem of adapting oil coolers. The stock Mazda thread is 16mm, but it seems impossible to locate banjo fittings/adapters in that diameter here in the States. Earl's Plumbing shows them in their UK website but not over here and the freight would be a killer. I'm specifically looking for the 16mm opening with -8AN flare fitting.

I'm not overly enamored of the 16mm straight thread fitting which adapts a AN fitting, it does not have a proper seal face and the Mazdatrix etc hoses, while very nice, are not set up for an engine swap, they are a direct OE replacement limiting where I can put the oil cooler.

Anybody know of anyone here in the Colonies who stocks such an animal? It looks like this, this is the steel 10mm vesion for brake lines, though.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/25/08 7:29 p.m.

Jeez, no one knows?

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
10/25/08 9:13 p.m.

try "discount hydrolics" Thing to remeamber is "AN" and "JIC" are 100% interchangeable JIC is normal steel where AN is alum The threads and taper are 100% same.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/25/08 9:36 p.m.

umm, only thing i can offer is that i was amazed at how many banjo bolts were on the bike i took my challenge motor from. seriously, every hydraulic system had banjos. maybe try motorcycle parts?

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones New Reader
10/25/08 9:55 p.m.

When I updated the fuel system on my VW CIS system to aeroquip, I couldnt get anything big enough to do that!

I wound up silver soldering a steel -6 fitting on the original banjo ring (with the old fitting cut off.) Its not racy aluminum, but works just as good.

Kendall

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/26/08 8:31 a.m.

I did some more searching, it turns out BAT Inc (the Mocal distributor) has them here in the States. Good to know!

http://www.batinc.net/mocal.htm

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PF45CmR8v1W0UCdFIEn3wRK0icLr8Cy7IAT4HEQQlMvI9m0Bhp7ZnNWQS2lilaaQ