SPG123
SPG123 HalfDork
10/1/22 8:54 p.m.

Very fortunately Ian the terrible did not get us here in North Georgia. The weather for the Petit was in fact stunning. Spent the day at the track, and now watching the last few hours from the couch. Just have to state here what an absolutely fantastic event this is. And what an amazing place to experience it. This is a huge facility. Three days ago the race was supposed to be a mud pit. No one got the notice apparently as it was wall to wall gear heads. Like everywhere. What an experience. Fantastic racing! Super great people! Amazing shopping for cool stuff and some interesting mfr displays. If you haven't and you can, do.  

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/22 4:27 p.m.

Definitely one of the things I miss about no longer living near Atlanta. Went to three. And I camped there cause why not.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/3/22 9:30 a.m.

Glad to hear it went well. I have been a few Petits over the year and, yes, what a crowd. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/22 9:36 a.m.

That is one race that I have not made it to yet, the timing just never seems to work out.

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
10/3/22 10:28 a.m.

Living in ATL, we feel lucky to have it in our figurative backyard.  It's been an annual event for myself and my wife for over a decade for a reason.   This year was probably the most special because it was the first year we brought our kids.  They're still pretty young and it is an intense place to be so we weren't really sure how they'd adapt, but they were natural race fans.  

Mission = Accomplished.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GXOQro5PExYQ0BNoUH6bZG7AesJsdv1uBPqeZuBCjQUmHpumt5OfEcKlwnj6fhe9