jikelly
jikelly New Reader
9/25/08 1:11 p.m.

I was just at county fair and I saw a convertible BMW 318 or something like that. I generally don't pay to much attention to bimmers, but they might be a good source of parts for my stang. Especially if my eyes weren't deceiving me and the front bucket seats in the car I saw today have integrated shoulder belts.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Does anyone have one of these cars and maybe post pictures of the seats with built in shoulder belts??

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/08 1:51 p.m.

Lots of convertible built within the last few years have integrated shoulder belts into the seats.

I think if it is within the last few years from say 2000+ is when it became more or less standard or mandated.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
9/25/08 10:14 p.m.

NC MX-5's don't. Maybe it's only for convertibles with a back seat?

jikelly
jikelly New Reader
9/25/08 10:58 p.m.

The one I saw did have back seats.

I think I might be onto someting.

The 323Ci is the first 3-Series model with seat belts integrated into the front seats. Integrated seat belts are more comfortable than standard shoulder belts because they move with the seats and wrap easily over the shoulder - and they don't interfere with rear passengers climbing in and out of the back seat. To enter the rear seat, the 323Ci has an "Easy Entry" power button which moves the front seats forward at twice the normal speed. With the seatbacks returned to their normal position, the seats return to the original position.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/00323ci.htm

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/08 11:38 p.m.

Ah good point, I hadn't thought of that. I think some of them may have side airbags as well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WSxsOwtuc7TWfPlY3SMAz2dYheCUxTJMh2wTbCuyr26QJkPY1vqFn4Ht1pSplJv9