Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/16/15 9:13 a.m.

A new car just showed up in the company parking lot–a 2014 BMW M235i. It’s awesome, but we know what you’re thinking: What the heck is a BMW 2 Series? Basically, it’s the 1 Series’ slightly larger successor. And yes, by “successor,” we mean you can no longer walk into a BMW dealership and buy a 1 Series. Unless you …

Read the rest of the story

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/16/15 9:43 a.m.

Euro E36M3 is still the hot ticket. Crazy.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
3/16/15 10:09 a.m.

Probably the perfect sized car, shame they aren't doing the hatchback in the states.

I'd love a liftback coupe.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/15 12:14 p.m.

odd numbers are 4 doors.. even are 2. 1 Series should be the four door, 2 series should be the coupe'

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/16/15 12:43 p.m.

Not so true. I present the 4 Series Gran Coupe. It's a 4 door hatchback.

http://www.bmwofaustin.com/detail-2015-bmw-4_series-gran_coupe-new-13109137.html

And I'm still trying to figure out how that is much different than the 3 series Gran Turismo

http://www.bmwofaustin.com/detail-2015-bmw-3_series_gran_turismo-328i_xdrive_gran_turismo-new-13198663.html

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
3/16/15 12:45 p.m.

Nothing German makes sense. Stop trying. Lol.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
3/16/15 1:17 p.m.

BMW is trying to cover every vehicle transportation segment ever created or dreamed of. 2 door, 4 door, 5 door, SUV, CUV, Minivan, humpy back whale thing, electric................some very good, some OK and some just kinda weird. It can't be too long before the BMW pick up arrives followed soon after by the Bimmer roller skates, surf board, skis and soap box derby racer. Me, I like the old 2002 and the M 3 series line. What ever happened to the The Ultimate Driving Machine philosophy?

Driven5
Driven5 HalfDork
3/16/15 2:42 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: odd numbers are 4 doors.. even are 2. 1 Series should be the four door, 2 series should be the coupe'

Evens are 'coupes' (2 or 4 door) and convertibles. Then odds are sedans, wagons, and whatever you want to call the 'gran touring' back thing...Except for the 2-series, which covers (2 door) coupe, convertible, and a not-sold-here FWD (4 door) hatchy-minivanish thing based on the Mini platform. The 1-series is both 2 and 4 door hatchbacks, the while I believe are related to the 2-series coupe and convertible for now, will (along with the X1) become FWD on a similar platform to the 2-series "tourer" MPV's before they come to the USA.

Simple as that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wUMTAV9oJ9CB87HyVRLu0xQmkehf0q6cGum1izCQ0fXkHiLya597K70ywhZMmr8S