The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
4/5/17 11:08 a.m.

story by Tony Sestito • photos by Kevin Adolf

Han Solo and Chewbacca.

Kirk and Spock.

E.T. and Elliott.

For our favorite odd couples, coming from different planets (literally, in these cases) only seems to enhance their chemistry. Despite their fundamental differences, they manage to communicate, connect, and work together better than they do apart. In the process, they uncover surprising similarities between themselves. In the sporting car world, swapping bits from one car to another is as common as oxygen. But to create true automotive chemistry, it helps to begin with a bold, unexpected pairing. That’s what Diego did.

Diego Loza, who hails from Burke, Virginia, loves both BMWs and Hondas. He’s owned a few of each over his 24 years on this planet, including a BMW 2002 and a Honda S2000. It wasn’t until relatively recently, however, that he thought to combine them.

Read the rest of the story

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Dork
4/5/17 12:15 p.m.

I think I'm in love, or at least lust. How much does it weigh?

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
4/5/17 12:17 p.m.

In reply to icaneat50eggs:

Diego says it weighs 2450 pounds wet

Cactus
Cactus Reader
4/5/17 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

That is kinda portly for an 02. Alternatively, it's a light, cooler looking s2K.

The weight isn't insanely out of line, the stock drive train is very light in an 02, almost all improvements add weight.

HapDL
HapDL New Reader
4/11/17 10:00 a.m.

Neat car, nicely done home build, gotta give full props for a difficult job well done. BUT. I just think this thing would be at another level with a good paint job and some graphics. Doesn't detract from performance and makes the car even that much more appealing. MHO only.

0TUaw5VmSM2OYZiMU1lfGQgIzd85zEzT