RexSeven Dork
July 26, 2010 5:34 p.m.

There's three, count 'em, three, very GRM-worthy BMWs on sale in my hometown. I never see this many cool cars for sale in my hometown at once. Two are def. not Challenge-priced and I'm sure the third isn't so I'm posting them here.

-'94 E36 M3 (the car, not poop) sedan, silver/black, manual, 77K, $9500. I didn't get a closer look as I was late for something, plus it's way out of my price range. It looked perfect on the outside.

-'85 BMW 635csi (E24 chassis), gold/tan, leather, sunroof, manual, 122K, $5500. Front spoiler is bent in the middle and the paint looks like some tried to give it the brushed look while drunk, but it's straight otherwise with no discernible rust. It's being sold by a very capable mechanic who specializes in Euro cars.

-Unknown year BMW 2002tii (has square taillights and ginormous bumpers, so '74?). Red/tan, manual, either 33K or 133K (odo has only 5 places), a little bit of surface rust on the driver's side rocker panel but no rust otherwise. Should be easy to fix with POR 15 or a patch. No price on the car.

I'd love to see these cars go to loving homes, esp. the 2002tii, they are super-rare. I'm seriously considering the E24 if the turbo-swapped FC I've been eying in NY gets sold or isn't up to scratch.

pres589 HalfDork
July 26, 2010 5:37 p.m.

Is it just me or is that 6-series about a grand or more high? I think I'd have a hard time buying one with garbage paint for that kind of money...

dyintorace SuperDork
July 26, 2010 6:35 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: -'94 E36 M3 (the car, not poop) sedan, silver/black, manual, 77K, $9500. I didn't get a closer look as I was late for something, plus it's way out of my price range. It looked perfect on the outside.

Something funny there, as there was no e36 M3 sedan (or coupe for that matter) in 1994. Coupe arrived in 1995 and the sedan didn't get here until 1997.

Travis_K Dork
July 26, 2010 8:27 p.m.

Yeah, that 635 is more like $3k high if the paint is nasty.

CLNSC3 Reader
July 27, 2010 5:20 a.m.

I'd love to see pics of the 2002tii, those cars are SWEET!

miatame Reader
July 27, 2010 8:36 a.m.

There was a 1994 BMW Motorsport 325is that had most of the M3 body stuff, which is a cool car in its own right but no M3.

Woody SuperDork
July 27, 2010 8:45 a.m.

Another vote for more info on the 2002tii.

Strizzo SuperDork
July 27, 2010 8:51 a.m.

theres a 99 e36 m3 (according to the ad) listed here for 10,500

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1826954929.html

mad_machine SuperDork
July 27, 2010 9:51 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
RexSeven wrote: -'94 E36 M3 (the car, not poop) sedan, silver/black, manual, 77K, $9500. I didn't get a closer look as I was late for something, plus it's way out of my price range. It looked perfect on the outside.

Something funny there, as there was no e36 M3 sedan (or coupe for that matter) in 1994. Coupe arrived in 1995 and the sedan didn't get here until 1997.

well, was it a real M3 or a rebadged Msport?

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

GRM Live on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

20 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Action Cam Guide

21 hours ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

21 hours ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

22 hours ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

3 days ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

3 days ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI 4Motion

3 days ago in New Car Reviews

Say hello to the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S with 4Motion. It comes with a turbocharged 1.8-liter engine that is ...

You Need This: $1600 Street Racer Ford Festiva

3 days ago in News

It already has a GRM sticker and everything.

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

3 days ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Your Projects: smokindav’s VW GTI Project

3 days ago in News

Love a good MK5 GTI? You might enjoy this build thread.

Wing It: Simple Talk on the Complex Subject of Aerodynamics

4 days ago in Articles

Whether sleek, boxy or somewhere in between, all cars interact with the air while racing down the track.

2018 Acura TLX V6 A-Spec

4 days ago in New Car Reviews

Acura is introducing something new for the 2018 model year: the Acura TLX V6 A-Spec. It's the highest trim level ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
U6ECIjR6Pn3kzXSX36MyvcPLLfNZnjra