1 2 3 ... 6
Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/26/16 11:13 a.m.

Fresh off our 1972 victory in the 6 Hours of Daytona (shortened thanks to a handwringing bunch o' bureaucrats and the oil crisis), legendary Mississippi team Bolus & Snopes, Ltd. will be fielding an entry in this year's Challenge. We may even have an appearance by our illustrious mascot, Dick Johnson. Stay tuned.

B&S, Ltd.: A drinking team with a racing problem.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/16 11:17 a.m.

This should be good.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/26/16 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

Mississippi? What part?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/26/16 12:40 p.m.

When asked about the team's reentry into the high stakes arena of international motorsportsports racing, team owner Ovid Bolus,IV, Esq., great grandson of team founder, Ovid, Sr., said, "we've been waiting for the right opportunity to present itself. On november 6 of last year I was enjoying a double stack of pancakes at the IHOP in Meridian, Mississippi when lo and behold a sinkhole opened up swallowing 15 cars and trucks belonging to my fellow patrons. Their collective economic loss was probably in the hundreds of dollars for those prized c10"s and Ford Ranger trucks. One poor soul even lost a beautiful Saturn coupe with the rare optional multiple door color package on which she only owed 57 more weekly payments".

B&S, Ltd. A drinking team with racing problem.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/27/16 8:04 a.m.

Sadly the 15 vehicles consumed by the laws of nature were lost to the bowels of mother earth and were never recovered. As Ovid, IV, ESQ., was passing out his business cards to the grieving car owners in anticipation of a possible class action lawsuit, a mighty rumble came from the depths of the sinkhole and like a Jack in the box up popped a mud covered unidentifiable vehicle save for an unusual nondescript white plate where the license tag should be that simply read "PROVA EX O6."

Not being one to miss an opportunity and having exhausted his supply of business cards, Ovid, IV, ESQ., left to retrieve his trailer, returned and loaded the muddy flotsam to preserve potential evidence for the likely impending lawsuit.

More in a bit....

B&S, LTD. A DRINKING TEAM WITH A RACING PROBLEM.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
5/27/16 8:23 a.m.

On the edge of my seat here.....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/27/16 9:05 a.m.

I cant even...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
5/27/16 9:12 a.m.

You, sir, are peaking my interest. Please carry on.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
5/27/16 9:24 a.m.

My guess: Pierce, Jas
1989 Chevrolet Madison, MS

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/27/16 9:50 a.m.
spin_out wrote: My guess: Pierce, Jas 1989 Chevrolet Madison, MS

NAY! AN IMPOSTER, I SAY. I KNOW THAT BOTTOM FEEDING SCOUNDREL. A LONGTIME NEMESIS IN THE HALLS OF JUSTICE UNTIL HE WAS DISBARRED AND CENSURED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF THE GREAT MAGNOLIA STATE.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/29/16 10:57 a.m.

Please forgive my assault on the forum decorum with my last comment regarding Mssr. Pierce. Back to more germane discussions.

The vehicle salvaged from the Meridian IHOP sinkhole site presented a dilemma. As it was literally covered and casketed in mud was quickly drying to a cement like state, any attempt at washing might be construed as tampering with evidence. A decision was made to take a variety of earthen samples to preserve for forensic analysis at some future juncture.

Hesitating with cleaning the vehicle a search for identifying VIN's was thoroughly conducted in the normal locations. Surprisingly, none were present. Though still encrusted in rapidly drying soil and clay, one could see semblances of a disco era General Motors offering. What was disconcerting was that from one angle the front of the car resembled an F body Firebird/Camaro platform or an earlier Dekon Monza while the rear appeared more truck-like....but with no tailgate as if it were fiberglassed smooth from the roll panel up. Perhaps a custom El Camino?

It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/29/16 12:24 p.m.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
5/29/16 12:59 p.m.

You have my interest. Also,

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/16 3:53 p.m.

Moar.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
5/29/16 5:54 p.m.

Is this a re-telling of a power rangers episode?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/31/16 7:18 p.m.

Pictures forthcoming as soon as my IT GUY shows me how. In the interim, a quick Challenge budget question...

As far as selling/getting credit for items that came with the car...for example: I found $1.03....can I add that to the build budget?

Also, we found a Gratefull Dead logo one hitter circa 1983 under a seat. Pot head associate gave me $20.00 for it. Claims its collectible but I think he just wants to sample the 25 y.o. herb left in it. Can I add that back to the build budget?

Anybody wanna buy some mirrored aviator shades with one leg missing? Or half a bottle of Jheri curl spray before I put it on Craigslist?

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/31/16 8:03 p.m.

I think this is all a fictitious story and there is no challenge car...but it is an intriguing tale so far.

Don49
Don49 HalfDork
5/31/16 8:09 p.m.

I want to know if the Graf Bolus will be hovering overhead.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
5/31/16 8:32 p.m.
bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/31/16 8:35 p.m.

none of those match the description of the vehicle, though.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/31/16 8:41 p.m.

I think you are safe to claim $21.03 of recoup.

Shoulda saved that one hitter for the lemons judges though...

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/31/16 9:40 p.m.
secretariata wrote: I think this is all a fictitious story and there is no challenge car...but it is an intriguing tale so far.

Oh ye of little faith. You obviously are not from the bible belt. I assure you we will be mounting an effort in the '16 Challenge.

B&S, LTD. A DRINKING TEAM WITH A RACING PROBLEM

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/31/16 9:47 p.m.
Don49 wrote: I want to know if the Graf Bolus will be hovering overhead.

Sadly, GRAF II was lost in a suspected lightening strike between East Liberty and Rolling Fork on its return voyage from Ponca City.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Reader
5/31/16 10:04 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Clues...

I'm hoping they are making a challenge car out of the dumpster. I don't think that has been done yet. It could also easily be mistaken for some '70's GM cars.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem New Reader
5/31/16 11:33 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Clues...

Great CSI (Challenge Series Investigation) work, Sir.

B&S, LTD. WE MAY NOT WIN EVERY RACE BUT WE'VE NEVER LOST A PARTY.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EH5b2bBmePjRCv4f7talWKiQS1uqqQQDjS8NehD4OqG14BaJxsTfku0ILNeo19c6