SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
8/19/09 5:42 p.m.

Howdy folks, I'm looking for a lead on the best forum to partake in for an E36 owner.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/19/09 6:39 p.m.

Bimmerforums, assuming you stay in the track section.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/19/09 7:11 p.m.

Bimmerforums has about a 75% to 25% BS to hard fact ratio. Too many kids spouting off bad or wrong information or just venting their spleen on either what is wrong with their car or better yet.. what they don't like about somebody elses' car.

Heaven forbid you have a 318ti/compact. they seem to universally hate that car.

You will definatly need some thick skin there

Josh
Josh HalfDork
8/19/09 10:25 p.m.

Yeah, they don't do a whole lot to dispel the notion that pricks drive BMWs over there, unfortunately. I basically stay in the Regional and Track sections, with the occasional foray into Rides&Styling for giggles. I wish I could say there was a better place, as I don't think bf.c is run very well or fairly, and the ownership seems to be in bed financially with some pretty E36 M3ty "sponsor" vendors (deleting threads about problems and such). But the fact is that's where all the E36 guys are, nobody else has the traffic to foster a decent community.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/19/09 10:29 p.m.

For my Ti.. I liked www.318ti.org I would not be surprised of there were other forums just for the coupe and sedan somewhere on the net.

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
8/20/09 5:49 a.m.
SupraWes wrote: Howdy folks, I'm looking for a lead on the best forum to partake in for an E36 owner.

This one.

02Pilot
02Pilot New Reader
8/20/09 7:28 a.m.

I'm not active there, but www.bimmerfest.com has a fair bit of traffic as well. On Bimmerforums, the General Mechanical Help section is pretty good as well (well, the responders are; the questions are sometimes pretty silly, but there are some good mechanics who post frequently).

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
8/20/09 7:41 a.m.

If looking for pure tech/maintenance info, the Bentley forums are pretty good.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
8/20/09 4:53 p.m.

Thanks folks, I'll lurk on some of these and see how it goes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rsle8SNBvIgRuH3Euo8wt563cZF9hlKGM0Wv176MhbKM0LCxVoGReUvzhlpYDBt5