1 2
rodknock
rodknock New Reader
3/25/16 7:36 a.m.
mblommel wrote: In reply to GameboyRMH: Barf-ola. What are they teaching is design school these days?

There is a tendency to add complexity because everything has been done before and current manufacturing processes allow it. Also Japan is weird.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
3/25/16 8:10 a.m.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Toyota designers are playing a game. The game is "How ugly can we make our cars until people stop blindly buying them?"

I mean, at least they don't look like Desert Sand Metallic suppositories anymore, but damn they are ugly.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
3/25/16 9:45 a.m.

I gotta be honest with you guys, I don't quite understand why Subaru is the one with the reputation for ugly cars. The original flying-Costas Tribeca was leagues above that Prius.

Their design department must have some incredible drugs on hand.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
3/25/16 10:14 a.m.

A few years ago I swore that every full size four door sedan came from the same body plant.

The size of the grille and the cooling air intake are not relevant.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
3/25/16 11:12 a.m.

If toyota made a wedge shaped car with a grill like this i'd be all for it.

Filter feeders reminded me of Sim Life

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
3/25/16 11:22 a.m.

To quote Charles barkley "that's turrible"

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
3/25/16 11:24 a.m.

Damn, that E36 M3 is ugly!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
3/25/16 11:35 a.m.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/25/16 12:54 p.m.

I saw a mirai in the wild the other week. It was not bad, not great, but not bad.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/25/16 5:08 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:

"You one ugly muddaberkeleya."

Aspen
Aspen Reader
3/25/16 6:53 p.m.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the new Prius better than the old one. All the Lexi looks fine as well. Fords, Chevy's and Hyundai all look awful to me, but better than any Nissan. But I think station wagons are beautiful, so what do I know?

And Subaru has not had a decent looking car since 2001.

Aspen
Aspen Reader
3/25/16 6:56 p.m.

Oh and Lincoln SUV's, you couldn't pay me to drive any of those baleen whales

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
3/25/16 7:07 p.m.

If big grill are ugly does that make this beautiful?

I suspect not.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/25/16 7:20 p.m.
NickD wrote: The worst, by far, is still the new Prius. The Prius has always been an ugly little penalty box of a car, but the new one ups the hideous quotient to "What drugs were they on?" The wheels alone are vomit-inducing.

On the Prius, this looks hideous. But if that Toyota/BMW supra replacement rumor ever came true, and they drpped those low side LEDS, that front end could look good. My first thought when I saw this was angry miata.

Cut down on the height at the windshield, make it a little longer, I think it would look great. I do not possess the photochop skills to do it though

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
3/25/16 9:51 p.m.

The gx/lx still takes the cake for the ugly front end race.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NdcXxXCrtxqitaGiACLvoLCEMBhp9HCGrAraF1BghOn16jHnkXvmuph0h4xLJRCD