SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
4/4/13 6:11 p.m.

Nobody sells brake lines for the XJ Cherokee, let me take that back, I found a set of stainless steel, but that was over $300.

Is there a place that makes brake lines?

I know how to make brake lines, but honestly I suck at making them, therefore I hate making them. I'm just trying to save myself the hassle and just replace the lines. I don't want to go to a shop and pay to have someone replace the brake line either, only because there is a lot more to fix than the brake lines.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

jimbbski
jimbbski HalfDork
4/4/13 6:34 p.m.

You live in Beecher, IL I live in South Holland. I have the tool you need to make your own brake lines. A simple cash deposit and I'll let you borrow the tool. Here's link to the tool. All you need will be the brake line and that you can buy at any auto parts store. You can reuse the line fitting/tube nuts if they are in good condition. This tool is so easy to use it's nuts. If you can't make a double flare with this tool you just can't do it.

http://www.mastercool.com/pages/flaring_tools.html

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
4/4/13 10:15 p.m.

In reply to jimbbski:

Thanks for the offer, I have access to the flaring tools, but like I said, I don't like making brake lines.

By browsing a couple other forums, it looks as if the Jeep dealers still carry the lines, so I will probably hit a couple up tomorrow.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
4/4/13 10:19 p.m.

Buy the premade lines and some unions?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RDcWkSbIE0FUQhXRwLvkFSRd3cdVCmPy5TvQ2IXgFvxrp6arijcXhsBNoCY0z3uZ