1 2 3 4
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/8/13 9:43 p.m.

How about I just run it in OLOA, that close enough?

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/8/13 10:00 p.m.
carbon wrote: I usually wait until everyone gives up on these type of cars then I scoop one cheap and build it then. I can build you a ridiculous ae86 for that type of money or a 77 celica liftback maybe even a 1uz powered one

I like that idea.

But you need to clean the lens on your camera, unless it is actually foggy in your garage

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/9/13 7:05 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: How about I just run it in OLOA, that close enough?

Better, but the amount of actual track time is still less than you'd get at 1 HPDE. Each track gets 2 sessions of 2 laps each. So 24 laps?

Bring it TX/OK in August, and pound out 10 - 20 minute sessions in 100+ heat with no problems, to ME that is a reliable track car.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
8/9/13 7:36 a.m.
mtn wrote: My problem with the Genessis [Coupe] is that it feels to me like it is trying to be a budget G35/37 coupe, but got lost halfway and went down the boy-racer road. In the end, it half-assed both of them--not particularly boy-racerish, and not luxurious either. I wonder if a second generation could figure it out, but I kinda doubt it.

I dunno... a lot of G35s get turned into boy racer cars, too. Hyundai just cut out the middleman.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/9/13 8:37 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:
Better, but the amount of actual track time is still less than you'd get at 1 HPDE. Each track gets 2 sessions of 2 laps each. So 24 laps? Bring it TX/OK in August, and pound out 10 - 20 minute sessions in 100+ heat with no problems, to ME that is a reliable track car.

I am a little disappoint... only 4 laps a track on OLOA?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/9/13 8:41 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
Better, but the amount of actual track time is still less than you'd get at 1 HPDE. Each track gets 2 sessions of 2 laps each. So 24 laps? Bring it TX/OK in August, and pound out 10 - 20 minute sessions in 100+ heat with no problems, to ME that is a reliable track car.
I am a little disappoint... only 4 laps a track on OLOA?

Yep, standing start, two laps. 1 morning session, 1 afternoon session. And the guys at the fast end of the grid have an advantage since they can be done by 2pm and head off to the next venue, where those at the back may not leave until 5pm or later.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/9/13 12:19 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Better, but the amount of actual track time is still less than you'd get at 1 HPDE. Each track gets 2 sessions of 2 laps each. So 24 laps? Bring it TX/OK in August, and pound out 10 - 20 minute sessions in 100+ heat with no problems, to ME that is a reliable track car.

One of my friends figured that one weekend of trackday fun was equivalent to 40 full drag racing seasons, hp/time wise.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MHSe4kpXyBlwqjkuwD9tjhMyXzkpa2EIj1wzwJ7eHeIZ3YlxVIeztNixlcX2miLs