1 2
vladha
vladha New Reader
9/4/11 7:08 p.m.

I have a set on Nitto Neogens on my car... 205/50/15. Better than the ES100's ever were, less noise than the spt's I had, but not as good as the Goodyear GSd3's. Got them from tiremonkey.com... $50 a tire, plus shipping.

Pretty good for a cheap tire, just didn't feel like popping for $100+ for a tire on a daily driver anymore. They've been pretty good in the dry and wet... live in florida. The side walls are a little softer than I'm used to, but they stick to the road. I live in florida, plenty of heat and wet this year.

Mark

smog7
smog7 Dork
9/5/11 2:31 a.m.

as of now I am leaning more towards kumho asx and fuzion zri.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
9/5/11 7:04 a.m.

My main complaint about the ASX was longevity. I barely got a season (about 20k miles for me) out of them. This was one of the reasons I've usually bought pure summer tires since as I run snows during the winter.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
9/5/11 8:39 a.m.

I think i usually get 30-40k out of a set of ASXs. But i have heard that heavier cars with them don't last as long.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Reader
9/5/11 11:04 a.m.

I got about 30k on my Kumho ASX's on my DD '07 Cooper S. Just put the second set on. For the money, they are a good all season tire. Didn't handle as well as the run-flats, but didn't rattle my teeth, either.

giskard
giskard New Reader
9/5/11 11:35 a.m.

The Fuzion ZRi and General UHP are far, far better tires than the Dunlop DZ101. The DZ101's are slippery in the wet, and noisy as hell. And let all the bumps through (like ES100's).

ZRi has more sidewall stiffness and grip than the UHP's. UHP's have a bit more life.

Better than those 2, but pricier, are the Yoko S-drives.

WhiteLX
WhiteLX New Reader
9/5/11 11:52 a.m.

I've been pretty happy with the Falken FK452s on my XR4Ti. They get surprisingly good traction coming out of corners. The Sumitomo HTRZ II tires on my Mustang suck for traction. Can't really comment on wet weather performance since neither car gets driven in the rain.

billinte
billinte None
9/5/11 3:27 p.m.

Okay I'm not going to go back and get into the whole deal that started this but I do like both Kumo and Dunlop. Right now I do mostly around town and highway driving with 3-4 autocross events each summer with my Miata. Since I can't afford to have two whole sets of tires and wheels I got a set of Dunlop DZ-101's last spring and have been very happy with them. I've had no problems with them "being out of round" as so many people seem to have. Yes they are not as sticky as so many others but for every day use I like them.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
9/5/11 10:29 p.m.
My only knowledge of the DZ101 is second hand through a friend that has them. She hates them and can't until they wear out.

I had a set of dz101 from brand new to worn out.. biggest problem was soft sidewall. my favorite feature on them was the massive rim protector lip if that says anything. haha

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0pSAIh5c2ccG7vheg4NzWpuGKwveZ80W0VmXNTAvFx3kZmLtHiSowNkv0i6oPz6h