1 2
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/19/12 3:28 p.m.

Heh. I'm not married.

Welcome to the forum! I had a GTi back in da day but didn't get real deep into racing it, so I don't know how much help I will be. Keep posting your progress, makes for good reading!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/21/12 3:41 p.m.

In reply to anjaloveshervw:

Based on your article, Anja, you're gonna love this...

I lived in a '66 VW MicroBus for 6 months when I was younger!

Blew the clutch, and had no money to fix it, so I parked it in the parking lot of the NJ Shakespeare Festival and lived out of it for 6 months!

Whenever I see a split window, I get misty eyed reminiscing about the good old days, while simultaneously loading my shotgun to protect my daughters against the influences of whoever the freak is behind the wheel!

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw New Reader
7/25/12 9:28 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: I wouldn't do the BFI crossbrace, I would use a Eurosport or autotech. Both of those can be found regularly used in the vortex forums for $100. I have two hanging in my garage in fact. Looks like you know what you want!

What exactly makes the Eurosport or Autotech superior to the BFI crossbrace?

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw New Reader
7/25/12 9:33 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Heh. I'm not married. Welcome to the forum! I had a GTi back in da day but didn't get real deep into racing it, so I don't know how much help I will be. Keep posting your progress, makes for good reading!

lol

Thank you!

Is there a special spot somewhere in these forums for build threads? I haven't quite found my way around just yet.... I would continue on here in this thread, but with my suspension question as the title, I am afraid that posts of my progress may go unnoticed...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/25/12 9:41 a.m.
anjaloveshervw wrote: Is there a special spot somewhere in these forums for build threads? I haven't quite found my way around just yet.... I would continue on here in this thread, but with my suspension question as the title, I am afraid that posts of my progress may go unnoticed...

No the build threads pretty much go in this section.

anjaloveshervw
anjaloveshervw New Reader
7/25/12 9:42 a.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to anjaloveshervw: Based on your article, Anja, you're gonna love this... I lived in a '66 VW MicroBus for 6 months when I was younger! Blew the clutch, and had no money to fix it, so I parked it in the parking lot of the NJ Shakespeare Festival and lived out of it for 6 months! Whenever I see a split window, I get misty eyed reminiscing about the good old days, while simultaneously loading my shotgun to protect my daughters against the influences of whoever the freak is behind the wheel!

It may take more than a shotgun to protect your daughters from the Obsession.... and while adding a cute boy to the situation never hurts, you may find that if a girl is meant to live in a bus, she will already know it somewhere deep in her soul. I will live in a bus again someday. Perhaps in another field, or perhaps it will actually drive.... :)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/25/12 7:54 p.m.

I have no problem with my daughters choosing to live in a bus.

I just don't want guys like me hanging around my daughters!

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
DbXNxTEi9uGhZpcqnYmsapbLQZviU6zFV1lBLPfna6d3GdrLzF7IAHPKIR1LU0tO