GameboyRMH SuperDork
3/1/09 11:32 a.m.

So I've been looking at the larger air dams modern cars have behind their front bumpers and in front of their rear wheel wells, and thinking I want some of that stuff. The AE92 comes with a small front air dam that bolts on to the bottom of the radiator stack, but it's pretty small. I was thinking of something bigger that enlarges in front of the wheel wells. As for the rear, I'll probably make holes in the front of the existing plastic wheel wells and bolt them on there.

So what plastic should I use? It has to be shapeable somehow (bending+heat?) and stiff enough that it won't fold at high speeds Of course it should be black, UV-resistant, etc. Anyone done anything like this before?

Apexcarver SuperDork
3/1/09 11:39 a.m.

hmm, i have a few ideas, but it would help to have an idea of the shape and size you are looking for.

can you take a photo or work up a sketch in MSpaint showing the size/shape your looking for?

Keith SuperDork
3/1/09 11:43 a.m.

Go to Home Depot and grab some garden edging :)

ncjay New Reader
3/1/09 12:58 p.m.

This will definitely help you.,1557.html

4cylndrfury Reader
3/1/09 1:28 p.m.


mad_machine SuperDork
3/1/09 2:27 p.m.

garden edging is your friend. It is black, tough, easily bent, and above all, cheap

GameboyRMH SuperDork
3/1/09 2:54 p.m.

Shape and size are pretty straightforward, basically like what an S2000 has:

A strip at the front that extends further down in front of the wheel wells, and two little flaps in front of the rear wheel wells that sweep backwards as they go outwards.

I can't turn up "garden siding" in a search but I think I know what you're talking about. What other names should I look for?

2.0dohc New Reader
3/1/09 3:03 p.m.
Our Preferred Partners