1 2
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/15/18 7:54 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

I haven't, although I've seen a few black ones. 

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
1/15/18 7:55 a.m.

That exhaust note is epic.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
1/15/18 9:44 a.m.

Another quick spot on the original...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/15/18 10:53 a.m.

I'm not one to change vehicles very often (I've been driving my e28 BMW for nearly 20 years now, with no plans to change) but I could be tempted by this latest version of the Bullitt car,

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/15/18 10:57 a.m.
stanger_missle said:

I like this commercial that pays homage to the famous chase scene:

One improvement over the original car - this new one didn't have wheel hop when she spun the tires backing up.  cheeky

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
1/15/18 11:51 a.m.
vwcorvette said:

What would be even cooler if that was the original Beetle from almost every scene in that movie. cheeky

I get it, and yeah it just kept reappearing. It was obviously faster than the Mustang in order to be in each scene...

Oh yeah, why hasn't anyone brought up how the Mustang had about a 12-speed transmission...

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/18 5:31 p.m.
NickD said:
Ian F said:
A 401 CJ said:

In reply to Run_Away :

Yeah.  Like that one from 2008 and 9.  I didn't know Ford did that.  The 2001 is the one I remember.  That 2008 is a whole lot better looking car in my opinion 

I can't imagine how you missed it. I see the S197 versions all the time.  Granted, it is a rather subdued package so if you don't know you're looking at one then it'd be easy to miss/ignore. 

The 2001 version is the one I always forget about. I rarely see that one.

What I find interesting is that both the '01 and '08 Bullitts were available in red and blue, as well as Highland Green. Has anyone ever seen a red or blue Bullitt? I certainly haven't

A non green Bullitt?  That's like a white General Lee or a blue Starsky & Hutch.  Again, I may be voicing my ignorance 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/15/18 6:01 p.m.

2008 Bullitt Mustang was available in black.

I woulda owned one... and w/ a Vortech supercharger but my shiny happy person boss called me into work that day when one of the berkeleywads blew off their shift. It was gone by my next day off. I still hate that guy and that place.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/15/18 6:15 p.m.
plance1 said:

you guys are missing the bigger story.... the bullit mustang from the movie has been found and apparently it spent some time a few miles away from where I live in Northern Kentucky....

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/01/14/mustang-bullitt-found-real-mcqueen

This right here........read it y'all......a movie all in it's self

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Dork
1/15/18 9:04 p.m.
NickD said:
Ian F said:
A 401 CJ said:

In reply to Run_Away :

Yeah.  Like that one from 2008 and 9.  I didn't know Ford did that.  The 2001 is the one I remember.  That 2008 is a whole lot better looking car in my opinion 

I can't imagine how you missed it. I see the S197 versions all the time.  Granted, it is a rather subdued package so if you don't know you're looking at one then it'd be easy to miss/ignore. 

What I find interesting is that both the '01 and '08 Bullitts were available in red and blue, as well as Highland Green. Has anyone ever seen a red or blue Bullitt? I certainly haven't

Nope... but I once saw a Highland Green with an optional factory spoiler. philistine.

SPG123
SPG123 HalfDork
1/15/18 9:44 p.m.

A Bullitt  Mustang was always at the top of my dream car list. So much so that I pounced when an 08 dark highland green car came available. Frankly, it is wonderful. With many special bits from Ford. For me it is a shifter, fuller wheel wells and cams away from excellent. Overall really much better than expected. I may not be Steve Mcqueen but this one makes me feel a little like him every time I turn the key.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/16/18 1:20 p.m.
SPG123 said:

Frankly, it is wonderful. 

I love puns. smiley

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/16/18 7:36 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

I don’t think enough about where iconic cars and trucks went, where they are now, who owns them, did the get crushed. I’m old enough to have likely dozens of cars and trucks to research.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
1/18/18 6:05 a.m.
NickD said:
Ian F said:
A 401 CJ said:

In reply to Run_Away :

The both the 2001 and 2008 Bullitt Mustangs were available in green, blue and black. I’ve never seen a red one mentioned for either year.

The non- green ones are far less common. I’ve seen all 3 colors of the 01, but I’ve never seen the 2008 in blue. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/18/18 6:45 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

In reply to fasted58 :

I don’t think enough about where iconic cars and trucks went, where they are now, who owns them, did the get crushed. I’m old enough to have likely dozens of cars and trucks to research.

I was 9 years old when dad took me to see Bullitt at the theater in '68. I didn't follow the plot but the cars were cool, the sounds were awesome and I could feel my gut sink w/ the cars landing down the SF hills during the chase. It was one of the first cars that turned me into a gear head at a young age so the history remains interesting to me.

Not many other movie or TV cars ever appealed as much.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/18/18 7:50 a.m.

Watched MTOD's Head2Head of the 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs. 2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1 yesterday. The Mustang did not come out of that one looking pretty. Hoping the Bullitt and '19 gives it the magic to be on level footing

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P3HBOsDrmSl64tFbV2sxhtYi4VubdRZtwcFYL5KJXK9wgcwNA7MQh7gKdiGi3W9k