1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/30/16 11:18 a.m.

My parents bought this one brand-new, but sadly we don't use it that much these days. Anyone looking for one of the few remaining unmolested 240SXs? It's now on Bring a Trailer.

Hopefully it goes to a good home.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
11/30/16 11:44 a.m.

That's a fine example of an S13. GLWS

Toebra
Toebra Reader
11/30/16 1:13 p.m.

Had a '92, sweet little coupe, hatchback made it very useful

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
11/30/16 1:17 p.m.

No engine mods and stock suspension. Does that make this some kind of unicorn.

Nice.

Hope you get top dollar.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
11/30/16 1:27 p.m.

I liked these cars when they first came out and were considered a "woman's car". Really hard to find an un-abused one.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/30/16 1:42 p.m.

I regret, nearly every day, passing on a similar example in the early 00s, for $1500. It was a clean, unmolested, rust free, sub 200k example, with a new clutch, and rack, being offered by the original owners - the parents of a friend and coworker.

I didnt know how to drive a stick back then, and allowed my family's bias towards RWD cars in Ohio's snowy winter steer me away. Knowing now what I did not know then, I realize what could have been, and know the mistake I made.

I really hope that whoever gets this timcapsule S13 keeps it on the road, and enjoys it the way God intended - driven and maintained with respect, and subtle hooning when the circumstances encourage it.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
11/30/16 1:45 p.m.

So many cars I would love to have are available right now. I'm sure that when I have the money to actually buy something I won't be able to find anything and I'll settle for something that I don't really want because I'll be too impatient to wait.

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
11/30/16 2:17 p.m.

I've been looking for the perfect stanced drift beater for a long time! I'd just have to chop the springs, drill out control arms, and primer each fender a different color... hmmm...

:ducks: :runsaway:

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/30/16 2:43 p.m.

'#hellastock #healthist

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
11/30/16 2:50 p.m.

It's a little sad to think that within the month after the sale, it will most likely look like this:

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
11/30/16 3:18 p.m.

Are the parts available to restore/maintain these in stock condition?

David S. Wallens
11/30/16 3:41 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Are the parts available to restore/maintain these in stock condition?

So far I haven't had any issues.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
11/30/16 3:46 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: So many cars I would love to have are available right now. I'm sure that when I have the money to actually buy something I won't be able to find anything and I'll settle for something that I don't really want because I'll be too impatient to wait.

I'm just gonna use Nicks post as my own, it's exactly how I feel!

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
11/30/16 3:52 p.m.
ebonyandivory wrote:
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: So many cars I would love to have are available right now. I'm sure that when I have the money to actually buy something I won't be able to find anything and I'll settle for something that I don't really want because I'll be too impatient to wait.
I'm just gonna use Nicks post as my own, it's exactly how I feel!

Same here.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/30/16 4:03 p.m.

Ya know what would be really cool? If you took that car, slammed it, put some HUUUGE box flares on it, a SR20DET, HUUUGE front mount, Sparco knockoff eBay seat, gut the interior, and then took it Do-Rift-Oh-ing. Man, that would be great.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
11/30/16 4:03 p.m.

c0rbin9
c0rbin9 New Reader
11/30/16 5:11 p.m.

Dorifto is stupid, but bone stock is wasted potential. OEM+ upgrades are best for 240s.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/16 5:47 p.m.

In reply to c0rbin9:

Wrong. It's only original once.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/30/16 8:03 p.m.

Are rust belt shoppers still staring at the photos of the underside?

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
11/30/16 8:06 p.m.

Holy crap. UNICORN.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/30/16 8:21 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: In reply to c0rbin9: Wrong. It's only original once.

Sure it's only original once. And now it is old, and technology has greatly improved.

It's a great car, but this will never be an investment grade classic collectible.

OEM + some tasteful mods and upgrades is an excellent choice. I would also be supportive of anyone who wanted to buy it and restore it to like new condition. Appleseed, I think you are just the man for the job!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/16 8:37 p.m.

It might not ever be a valuable collectable, but, as a car guy, we appreciate unmolested examples. Admit it, we both will clock a cherry 4 door Biscayne with a 6 cylinder, and a 3 on-the-tree and imagine ourselves driving it. I know I do.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/16 9:32 p.m.

Those damn seatbelts...

David S. Wallens
12/1/16 10:34 a.m.
Woody wrote: Those damn seatbelts...

You know, they don't bug me. When I got the car, I looked into swapping in the Canada-spec pieces. After driving it a few times, I was fine with them.

c0rbin9
c0rbin9 New Reader
12/1/16 10:49 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: In reply to c0rbin9: Wrong. It's only original once.

I would agree if it was a European car. But it's a cheap Japanese car, and like so many cheap Japanese car, it comes with a good platform and not much else. Things like shocks, interior appointments, engine tune - these were all pretty crappy on USDM 240SXs from the factory. It's not like a Porsche or BMW where you risk swapping superior OEM components with shoddy aftermarket ones - quite the opposite.

I almost feel like Japanese cars like this were designed with the aftermarket - which is huge in Japan - in mind. Some simple, REVERSIBLE tuner mods are so ubiquitous in this car's mother country that I almost consider them factory-correct.

To be clear, I would never do anything like roll the fenders or drill the trunk for a spoiler. I'm talking about reversible bolt-ons like suspension parts, an exhaust, maybe a steering wheel and shift knob.

240s are great platforms for that sort of thing - it's a shame that they've all been used up by drifters.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vy6TkYwzfSSWsRHCy1VogUiggnBJElNlN2tWnmRz89p3KhkWc8pjU1LD8jtWigI7