1 2 3 4 5
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/16/14 7:07 p.m.
danvan
danvan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/16/14 7:11 p.m.

I love my C4 it is faster than all but the best set up C5Z06 cars I race with and I think a better driving experience on the track C5s are great hiway cars but for plain driving fun I will take my C4 any time

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
11/16/14 7:11 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: In regards to 911 ergonomics: I still don't know how to work the HVAC in mine, the sunroof switch is completely unlabled which is OK since you can't see it when seated anyway, and there is an unlabled switch next to that one that I still don't know the function of. Charm indeed. Back to C4's. There was a teal colored one for sale on my way home today and I wanted to stop soooooooo bad.
there is a mystery switch on the 80's 911's that took us nearly a decade to figure out. AFAIK we finally figured it out that it switched which mirror you were adjusting... We had always assumed the passenger side was manual.

That might be it actually. Mine doesn't have the power mirrors any more.

Canute
Canute Reader
11/16/14 7:28 p.m.
Vigo wrote:
In reply to Vigo:I rarely see C4s for $4000 and less
Local to me: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4717494380.html http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4730894445.html

I just saw some pretty clapped out ones in SF Bay Area on CL. Some under $1,000.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/16/14 10:23 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette:

That is a possibility. The one I had in my mind was a dark red/maroon color and I thought it was a convertible. But I spent about an hour searching through that site and couldn't come up with anything.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/14 8:56 p.m.

Wesley Snipes drove a C4 Corvette convertible in Passenger 57. Funny thing is I noticed right away while watching that he got into a newer Vette when leaving scene but arrives in next scene in older one. Think it was something like a 92 to an 86. Hey it's just a red Vette convertible right. Friends were pissed I stopped the VCR to show them.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor New Reader
11/18/14 10:11 a.m.

I'll just leave this here too

http://www.ner.org/forums/topic/b-street-1988-corvette-for-sale/

Would buy it, but since I have no garage, and 3 cars already with possibly another on the way......

I'd prefer to stay married.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
11/18/14 1:46 p.m.
danvan wrote: I love my C4 it is faster than all but the best set up C5Z06 cars I race with and I think a better driving experience on the track C5s are great hiway cars but for plain driving fun I will take my C4 any time

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
11/18/14 5:30 p.m.

Never mind that, I just want to know what he's done to his C4. Looks fun!

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
11/18/14 7:35 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:It would have been nice if she put a few pictures with the ad.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/18/14 7:45 p.m.
2002maniac wrote: Never mind that, I just want to know what he's done to his C4. Looks fun!

I checked it out in his profile and it looks like a beast

cmcgregor
cmcgregor New Reader
11/18/14 8:34 p.m.

edit: I'm apparently not smart enough for image tags

In reply to Mr_Clutch42:

True. She's a pretty well known autocrosser in our region - does the registration for all the events, so I'm sure anyone seeing it on that board has seen what it looks like.

Here's one of it in action

danvan
11/18/14 10:57 p.m.

Why do we have to have the grammar police. Makes it no fun to post when you have to worry about sentence structure on a forum, just trying to get involved and have some fun but if this is the way you guys roll screw it

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/18/14 11:08 p.m.

In reply to danvan:

You'll have to ignore Bob, he gets a little grumpy sometimes.

Please give us some details about your car. 550 hp and 2800 lbs sounds exciting. Did it evolve into what it is now or did you have the build in mind from the beginning?

danvan
11/18/14 11:38 p.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

The car started out as a street car and has evolved over the years. First couple years were spent on the suspension it's all adjustable alum with air craft rod ends in the rear, all bushings are custom machined and solid. Next came the Wilwood breaks nothing to fancy C4 Grand sport front and rear with the Wilwood light weight rotors and Hawk pads eliminated the anti lock brakes, the car stops and handles great.

The motor is a Dart Sportsman block with a all Dart rotating assembly 11.5 to 1 with a big solid cam dynoed at 549.0 hp and 535 ft lbs torque pulls like a train and sounds like 2 harley's screwing.

The car is a blast to drive and a ton of fun looking at doing coilovers this winter

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
11/19/14 7:56 a.m.

All I ask is for an occasional period so my brain can breathe while reading.... it makes it difficult to understand what people are trying to say when everything runs together. Not the grammar police at all... just try to make it something we can all read? Thanks?

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
11/19/14 8:29 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: All I ask is for an occasional period so my brain can breathe while reading.... it makes it difficult to understand what people are trying to say when everything runs together. Not the grammar police at all... just try to make it something we can all read? Thanks?

hear hear!

I know I am one of the worst culprits but the complete lack of grammar takes a LOT away from your posts. To the point where I had totally ignored your first post as someone that has no idea who or what they are doing. Your second post shows that you've done quite a lot to the car but it still hurt my brain to read. (I normally just skip over posts like yours.)

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
11/19/14 9:02 a.m.

In reply to danvan:

Nice vette!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
11/19/14 11:37 a.m.

Try to be friendly to new people, please? If you want to be critical, keep it to yourself.

Some of you guys are no fun to have wander into a thread; you just fart in the elevator then get off at the next floor. It isn't funny or helpful and no one but you wants to smell it.

Now, get off my lawn!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
11/19/14 11:39 a.m.

/duplicate

unevolved
unevolved Dork
11/19/14 11:45 a.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: All I ask is for an occasional period so my brain can breathe while reading.... it makes it difficult to understand what people are trying to say when everything runs together. Not the grammar police at all... just try to make it something we can all read? Thanks?
hear hear! I know I am one of the worst culprits but the complete lack of grammar takes a LOT away from your posts. To the point where I had totally ignored your first post as someone that has no idea who or what they are doing. Your second post shows that you've done quite a lot to the car but it still hurt my brain to read. (I normally just skip over posts like yours.)

Without trying to be rude, I agree. Most people (myself included) tend to discredit people that can't clearly convey an idea over text. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, it's just that when it's the ONLY way we have to appraise someone, we're left with nothing positive to go on.

Sort of like that time you forgot to include a smiley face in a text to your significant other, and suddenly a joke became an insult...

Edit: Forgot to actually contribute to the thread. I love that these are getting so cheap, I knew a guy in college who had an absolutely brutal one.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/19/14 11:51 a.m.

In reply to conesare2seconds:

That is one way to look at it.

Another is to see that it is also unpleasant when someone walks into a conversation and attempts to communicate without really trying, and it bothers some people to try to read it.

It goes both ways. It's called respect.

I thought Bob's comment was reasonably innocuous and a humorous way to address it.

Nice car, Danvan.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
11/19/14 12:10 p.m.

You guys are ruining this thread. Hope that was respectful enough for you....would hate for you guys to discredit me...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
11/19/14 12:11 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Bingo.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
11/19/14 12:24 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote: In reply to vwcorvette: But S&S also had that 2-door little blazer with a removable roof. I wanted that so bad, but it was a unicorn evidently. /threadjack

Riptide had the convertible S-15 Jimmy and a '60 Corvette.

Rick Simon drove a '79 Power Wagon

Yea as a kid I watched any TV show with cars in it.

Back to the regularly scheduled C4 thread...

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NCHBvrODr9A2fXzjBwU3R4IDPByqxVyhWE2IXpttQyM0Kgps88SGmww5t0RWvsiH