SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
5/26/18 11:01 p.m.

So, long story short, my driver side door is about to fall off my 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD due to damage caused by the previous owner. I have dealt with it long enough, but it’s getting worse and almost to the point where I can’t close the door. It is the door that is damaged  and would be easier to replace than to repair. 

The favor I ask of you, is to help me find a door for my truck. It has come to a point that I cannot find a door for a reasonable price  and what I have found on the Internet are astronomical prices for a door.  And due to my job, this needs to an ‘over the weekend’ type replacement rather than waiting around for a week for a door to get repaired and repainted . 

I know many of you go to local salvage yards and pull part places quite frequently. If someone happens to find a door locally that is not out of their way and is able To pick it up for a fair price, I am willing to come to you to pick it up  and pay you back. I have a job that allows me to do so.  

I am looking for a driver side door in Fire Red (GMC) or Victory Red (Chevy) for a 2007.5 to 2013 GMT900. Worst case scenario, I will settle for a white door that I can paint later (my company won’t like it, but oh well)  I do not know if a 1500 door will fit a 2500, my Google searches have not shown any information into this.  I also do not know if there is a difference between a manual door and an electric door,  my truck has power everything. I’m willing to pay a max of $400 for a door. 

I fixed my PM, so you can get a hold of me that way. Thank you in advance.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia New Reader
5/26/18 11:08 p.m.

How about a Wanted Section.......

We are all looking for something you cannot get at the Local Auto Parts store.....

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/26/18 11:22 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

How about a Wanted Section.......

We are all looking for something you cannot get at the Local Auto Parts store.....

Well, unfortunately I cannot make that happen, it’s above my pay grade.cheeky

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/18 6:11 a.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid :

These are the potential versions(I chose a 2010), which do you have?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/27/18 6:45 a.m.

I too was searching Car-Part for you.  

This one is asking $550 in Fontana, CA 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
5/27/18 7:03 a.m.

What cab? Crew? Extended? Regular? I have no idea if 1500 and 2500 doors interchange, or if the door length changes with cab style. One of my local parts places shows doors from $250 to $750.

Pete Gossett
5/27/18 7:20 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

He has a crew cab. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/27/18 8:07 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

These are the potential versions(I chose a 2010), which do you have?

I don’t even know what I’m reading here. cool

Edit: Nevermind, now I get it, it’s a LH door handle below armrest electric window. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/27/18 8:10 a.m.
DeadSkunk said:

What cab? Crew? Extended? Regular? I have no idea if 1500 and 2500 doors interchange, or if the door length changes with cab style. One of my local parts places shows doors from $250 to $750.

As Pete said I have a Crew Cab. 

Pete Gossett
5/27/18 8:44 a.m.

I see a red shell listed on the first page for $400, but I didn’t search through all the results here.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/27/18 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

The link isn’t working, but I’ll have to take a look. I forget about Car-Part, because 90% of the time in the past they never have what I’m looking for, for a reasonable price or it was too far away. 

Now the tricky part is having these places hold on to them for me, because red doors keep slipping through my fingers. 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
5/27/18 9:27 a.m.

Crew cabs and Suburban/Yukon XLs have the same doors, but finding a Burb/XL in red would be rather hard. 

If you can't get a red one, you could toss some red vinyl wrap on what door you find until you can get it painted.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/27/18 11:56 a.m.

Rhinoline the whole truck,  then it doesnt matter what color the door is  

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/27/18 3:11 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Rhinoline the whole truck,  then it doesnt matter what color the door is  

When was the last time you saw me wear a flat brim hat,  using a vape pen, while wearing a TAPOUT shirt? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/27/18 5:44 p.m.

I saw that E36 M3 on mythbusters. I would never tell you to be a brotato.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DjZQXFFEzJ4dwMIGJHq5nmAm6dg76g8TkzlX9wZV2W4DWsciuNiPDBDe5TGR70FH