DeadFocused
DeadFocused None
7/25/14 11:50 p.m.

Any GRMers in St. Louis? I live out in the burbs and was wondering if anyone around here is actually on the forums. I've been a GRM reader on and off for the past few years but only just signed for my subsciption

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
7/26/14 1:27 a.m.

I'm in Belleville IL (thereabouts).

kylini
kylini Reader
7/26/14 8:12 a.m.

I used to be in Florissant and went to school downtown. Got my dad hooked on a little red Miata though and he's still there! I still drive down to flag at Gateway on occasion.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
7/26/14 9:58 a.m.

There are a couple. I'm in Columbia, as are one or two more.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
7/26/14 10:16 a.m.

There are 3 of us in Columbia plus stroker just north of town.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/26/14 1:12 p.m.

I'm in Florissant. I've been seeing some red Miaters lately.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
7/26/14 1:54 p.m.

I drove up to St. Charles about a month ago to pick up a XJ, about 6 hours 1 way for me, does that count?

stroker
stroker SuperDork
7/26/14 2:09 p.m.

I think there used to be someone in Columbia on the old boards with a white Audi Coupe for an avatar.

DeadFocused
DeadFocused New Reader
7/26/14 4:31 p.m.

Oh awesome, there are a bunch of guys out here in our little slice of MidWest. I was in Columbia at Mizzou for a while, but I've just transferred to UMSL. Been wanting to get into the GRM and racing/car scene here for a little bit

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/26/14 6:47 p.m.

Well, hell. There are more around within a 30 minute drive than I thought.

kylini
kylini Reader
7/26/14 7:10 p.m.

Seven sexy letters: STLSCCA.com

Okay, that's ten. Plus four more for http. I don't know if you count the ://. stuff.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
7/26/14 8:16 p.m.

I go to Saint Louis University so I'll be there during the school year.

DeadFocused
DeadFocused New Reader
7/26/14 8:16 p.m.

Ooooo, those are some sexy letters. Awesome, I'll look for a chance to get to one or two events. Are there any clubs or social groups aside from the SCCA? I think the SCCA is great, but unfortunately I work weekends pretty often :'(

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/26/14 8:49 p.m.

I did a few years' stint in STL... But that was 25 years ago.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/27/14 3:15 p.m.

Visited some STLSCCA events and they we fun. Didn't run. Don't have the resources right now. I've been spending some time at the dirt track.

DeadFocused
DeadFocused New Reader
7/27/14 7:54 p.m.

Do you have a local dirt track?

stroker
stroker SuperDork
7/27/14 8:06 p.m.

There used to be a couple nearby Columbia in Moberly and Holts Summit but I think they closed. Sweet Springs about an hour west has regular racing, though.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/27/14 9:04 p.m.

I run across the river to Tri-City Speedway in Granite City. There are about 3 or 4 others near, I think.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ntsPFGE42hNkIrcaw0jjGZN5BoDDguiT7sRQ0Ih9UixL7ecXdIW4c4W4BfFFf2Zt