1 2 3 4 ... 8
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 12:55 p.m.

Having a guy fix a breakdown in your driveway would be weird enough, but he brought his own jackstands so it seems premeditated...

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/24/15 1:02 p.m.

and you will come home from vacation from another part of the world and find yourself a large automobile and you may tell yourself, this is not my car and you may ask yourself, how did it get here?

(sorry I was late with my usual Talking Heads reference on this one)

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/24/15 1:05 p.m.

In reply to drummerfromdefleopard:

I guess he's just letting the days go by trying to figure out whose car this is.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 1:08 p.m.

A man comes home from vacation and finds a mysterious car in his driveway. He doesn't know how it got there, or that it will take him for a road trip...

....into the Twilight Zone.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/24/15 1:13 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: A man comes home from vacation and finds a mysterious car in his driveway. He doesn't know how it got there, or that it will take him for a road trip... ....into the Twilight Zone.

You, Sir, Have just won the internet!

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
4/24/15 2:27 p.m.

Turns out supercoupe is pretty close to being right. Husband of one of the ladies my wife works with hit a curb and blew out two tires and cracked a rim. When his wife came to get him, he was right down the street from our house in a parking lot freaking out about getting arrested. She knew we were on vacation and had him park the car in our driveway. They are coming to get the car tonight, and yes, he was drunk.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/24/15 2:31 p.m.

In reply to tr8todd:

See? There's always a completely logical explanation.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/24/15 2:33 p.m.

pour urine down the HVAC vents before they pick it up. Nothing's more reassuring then having drunks driving through the neighborhood where you walk the dogs, jog and kids play.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
4/24/15 2:51 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to tr8todd: See? There's always a completely logical explanation.

Or something close to one. After seeing the explanation not sure if I should laugh or be offended by the drunk driving. Currently doing both.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Reader
4/24/15 3:25 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: Turns out supercoupe is pretty close to being right. Husband of one of the ladies my wife works with hit a curb and blew out two tires and cracked a rim. When his wife came to get him, he was right down the street from our house in a parking lot freaking out about getting arrested. She knew we were on vacation and had him park the car in our driveway. They are coming to get the car tonight, and yes, he was drunk.

after finding out this part of the story i would have that mother berkeleying car towed out of my driveway, then say you dont know what happened to it, let him figure it out

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
4/24/15 3:28 p.m.
edizzle89 wrote:
tr8todd wrote: Turns out supercoupe is pretty close to being right. Husband of one of the ladies my wife works with hit a curb and blew out two tires and cracked a rim. When his wife came to get him, he was right down the street from our house in a parking lot freaking out about getting arrested. She knew we were on vacation and had him park the car in our driveway. They are coming to get the car tonight, and yes, he was drunk.
after finding out this part of the story i would have that mother berkeleying car towed out of my driveway, then say you dont know what happened to it, let him figure it out

I'm with Edizzle on this one. Or keep going out and letting the air out of two of the tires. Or put it back on the jackstands and spot weld each one to the sheet metal, or . . .

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/24/15 3:58 p.m.

In reply to tr8todd:

Your wife's coworker thought this was a good idea why? She must be a close, close coworker to feel comfortable offering up your home to host this car. I mean damn a piece of paper in the mailbox would have been nice, or an email or text, something. Gift cards to the movie theater should be the next unexpected things showing up to the house along with apologies.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
4/24/15 4:52 p.m.

Can I swing by and leave my RX-7 in the driveway for a while.

I saw the car there yesterday and was wondering who's it was as I knew you were away as well. Strange story.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 4:58 p.m.

PIX!!!!!!!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 5:01 p.m.

Considering the circumstances I think I would forgo any compensation and try and put as much distance between you and that situation.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/24/15 5:03 p.m.

I'm wounded, a little E36 M3faced and need a place to stash the getaway car... anybody know a good place where maybe someone won't be home for a few days?

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
4/24/15 5:34 p.m.

Just got home from work and got the full story from my wife and not the readers digest version from my daughter. Seems he was driving home and swerved to miss a deer, but he had had a few pops. How many I'll never know. Seems that when my wife and I were shopping in the grocery store she works in, word got back to her coworker that we were back. We didn't see her while we were shopping. Coworker called my wife to explain the car in our driveway. We weren't due back until this weekend, so coworker figured the car would be gone before we got back. Coworker and son are coming to get the car because the husband works second shift.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
4/24/15 5:48 p.m.

I'm simply just surprised at your restraint. If I came home and there was a car in my driveway missing two wheels I would:

1. assume it was stolen and ditched (call police)
  2. not go out, leaving my kids there, before figuring out if maybe the owner is hiding in my basement.
  3. when I return and kids say a shady dude was working on it while I was gone, again, call police.

Hell, I get somewhat suspicious when a car I don't recognize (I'm on a quiet cul-de-sac) is parked at the curb in front of my house, lol.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/24/15 5:50 p.m.

I don't laugh at GRM forums much...but when I do it involves someone else's car...cracked rims...flat tires...Jack stands...and bizzare back stories

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/24/15 5:53 p.m.

This story delivers.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
4/24/15 6:08 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: pour urine down the HVAC vents before they pick it up.

Pouring is no fun. Delivering it directly from the tap is quite satisfying.

speedblind
speedblind HalfDork
4/24/15 6:16 p.m.

That's just insane. What if someone saw the accident happen, and the car ends up oustide your house for days on end. Everybody in your neighborhood now thinks you're the drunk shiny happy person that went joyriding around the neighborhood? And then they don't even tell you, they hope they can clean it up before you know anything.

No accountability, no human decency. I bet they're raising terrific kids.

I echo other posters in that I admire your restraint.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/24/15 6:39 p.m.

Ahhhh the good old deer in the road excuse. Yup! Those deer are always handy to be at the right spot, right where you are about to have a single car accident.

Yes my first inclination would be to call the police ask them if they can come write it up then get it towed out of my driveway at least while the police are there.

I suspect the OP sort of knew the car so decided to pause and take a breath.

I let a friend of mine use my garage whenever he wanted. As I was traveling for work a lot. Came home to a dismantled car in the garage that I didn't recognize. But thought I should check my friend first. Seems he was texting my land line on his phone, it was his cousin's and he got drafted into the brake job. Which went from pads and rotors to darn studs broke off and rear caliper piston was some ceramic or plastic that failed when pushing back piston.

SeanC
SeanC New Reader
4/24/15 7:37 p.m.

He was driving drunk and left it in your driveway? Have it towed at his expense and tell him it's cheaper than the medical bills from the A$$ kicking he deserves for driving drunk. I hate drunk drivers.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 9:38 a.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: pour urine down the HVAC vents before they pick it up. Nothing's more reassuring then having drunks driving through the neighborhood where you walk the dogs, jog and kids play.

I'll donate to your plan! I HATE drunk drivers. They should all be charged with attempted murder.

Edit: What a scumbag move: he crashed his car because he was drunk then got away with it by hiding it in YOUR driveway while you're not even HOME???

Is that what friends do to friends nowadays?

That'd be one less guy I ever talked to. I'd bill him for storage, charge him with trespassing and kick the E36 M3 out of him on the spot.

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uV8ZXwWbA8cxW0q4psWfuBNwTOEDmYaOWHFeil3dOVr0d6CImhFxyFZW6GahN2Zf