Javelin MegaDork
June 28, 2013 1:14 p.m.

Because he bought a new Jaguar XF.

In BRG. With a tan interior.

alfadriver PowerDork
June 28, 2013 1:15 p.m.

Just tell them it's a Tata. Ask when the free Tata Nano is going to come...

Javelin MegaDork
June 28, 2013 1:16 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

He was stationed in England for ~15 years of his Marine service and has owned many a Jag. They traded in their XJ6 for it.

Also, I want a Nano.

Jaxmadine Reader
June 28, 2013 1:29 p.m.

Shoulda got the limo!

fanfoy Reader
June 28, 2013 1:31 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Also, I want a Nano.

Yes, look at all those satisfied customers

mtn UltimaDork
June 28, 2013 1:38 p.m.

BRG+tan leather=Awesomesauce

scardeal Dork
June 28, 2013 1:41 p.m.

Great color combo. Not sure if I'd want to own a Jag, though.

Javelin MegaDork
June 28, 2013 1:50 p.m.

In reply to scardeal:

I'd be okay with it being broken all the time. Gives me more time to drool on it's looks in the driveway.

June 28, 2013 1:57 p.m.

The XKR I drove was the "best" car in the group of super cars I got to drive IMO. I love me some jags.

alfadriver PowerDork
June 28, 2013 2:26 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to alfadriver: He was stationed in England for ~15 years of his Marine service and has owned many a Jag. They traded in their XJ6 for it. Also, I want a Nano.

And it's still a Tata.

Vigo UltraDork
June 28, 2013 2:53 p.m.

Ironically, BRG + tan leather is also my favorite color combo on Miatae.

mtn UltimaDork
June 28, 2013 2:59 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Ironically, BRG + tan leather is also my favorite color combo on Miatae.

My dad bought a BMW solely because it had BRG and tan. Then he took it back because it didn't have seat heaters, which is something you expect to be standard on an 09 BMW. Apparently they aren't needed in Florida where the car was from.

Javelin MegaDork
June 28, 2013 3:27 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Still an improvement over being a Ford.

DirtyBird222 SuperDork
June 28, 2013 6:20 p.m.

I do like the looks of the new jags but their refusal to go racing is a turn off. They quit ALMS but maybe they should have chosen someone besides the guy who drove Trans-Am into the ground to run that program. They said no to V8 Supercars and F1...phooey.

BRG is a great looking color though!

mad_machine MegaDork
June 28, 2013 6:21 p.m.

the new jags are so pretty....

Curmudgeon MegaDork
June 28, 2013 7:26 p.m.

To me it looks like a Hyundai. It can easily blend in to traffic and that's not how I want my Jags. Gimme the E type or the original XJ6, those are completely unmistakeable cars.

mr2peak HalfDork
June 28, 2013 7:37 p.m.

I was working on a house recently and the owner had a beautiful BRG/Tan Aston Martin (parked next to his BRG 427 Cobra rep)

sobe_death HalfDork
June 28, 2013 7:38 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I do like the looks of the new jags but their refusal to go racing is a turn off. They quit ALMS but maybe they should have chosen someone besides the guy who drove Trans-Am into the ground to run that program. They said no to V8 Supercars and F1...phooey. BRG is a great looking color though!

They go racing in the VLN series... With the XF no less! First hand, I can tell you that these were eerily the quietest race cars at the 24h @ Nurburgring.

June 28, 2013 8:39 p.m.

I've thought this too.

But then I questioned myself- does the Hyundai look like the Jag, or the other way around?

I would think the Hyundai borrowed some styling ideas.

Curmudgeon wrote: To me it looks like a Hyundai. It can easily blend in to traffic and that's not how I want my Jags. Gimme the E type or the original XJ6, those are completely unmistakeable cars.
irish44j UberDork
June 28, 2013 10:00 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: To me it looks like a Hyundai. It can easily blend in to traffic and that's not how I want my Jags. Gimme the E type or the original XJ6, those are completely unmistakeable cars.

I have to agree here. Jag completely got rid of any bit of individuality with their cars. While the new ones are indeed pretty, they just look like a Kia and an Aston had sex. They look like pretty much everything else these days. I think I know cars pretty well, but many times when I see a new Jag (and there is no shortage of them around here), I have to look pretty hard at it before I'm sure it's actually a Jag and not something else...

They old Jags were unmistakably distinctive (love them or hate them) and instantly screamed "I am classier than you are." The later iterations combined classiness with aggressiveness to boot...

irish44j UberDork
June 28, 2013 10:02 p.m.
sobe_death wrote:
DirtyBird222 wrote: I do like the looks of the new jags but their refusal to go racing is a turn off. They quit ALMS but maybe they should have chosen someone besides the guy who drove Trans-Am into the ground to run that program. They said no to V8 Supercars and F1...phooey. BRG is a great looking color though!

They go racing in the VLN series... With the XF no less! First hand, I can tell you that these were eerily the quietest race cars at the 24h @ Nurburgring.

When I first scolled onto this picture, the first thought in my head was "why did he post a pic of a Lexus IS-F racecar?"

Alan Cesar Associate Editor
June 29, 2013 5:23 a.m.

I think they're beautiful. Hey, something nice to ogle next door; better than him having a yard full of Cavaliers.

And it's not a Tata any more than a Mitsubishi Raider is a Mitsubishi. That's a weak jab.

11110000 Reader
June 29, 2013 6:12 a.m.

In a world where a Mitsubishi Raider is not a Mitsubishi, but a Dodge Raider is a Mitsubishi... only in this world can a Jaguar be a Tata.

mad_machine MegaDork
June 29, 2013 6:32 a.m.
Alan Cesar wrote: I think they're beautiful. Hey, something nice to ogle next door; better than him having a yard full of Cavaliers. And it's not a Tata any more than a Mitsubishi Raider is a Mitsubishi. That's a weak jab.

so it's a Tata for now?

JoeyM MegaDork
June 29, 2013 6:49 a.m.

So what if jag is a tata? I like tatas!

besides, what we should really be talking about is that this is a volkswagon

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

15 hours ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

Your Projects: Homemade Lancer Evo

16 hours ago in News

Can't import a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III? This forum member just built his own replacement.

Rapid Transit BMW: Meet an Early 5-Series With a V8 Swap

21 hours ago in Articles

Killing a Butterfly With a Sledgehammer

You Need This: SEMA Show CRZ

21 hours ago in News

If green paint and big speakers are your thing, you've come to the right place.

Deal of the Month: Christmas in July!

22 hours ago in News

Get a year of our magazine for just $10.

Tech Tips: 2006–’15 Mazda MX-5

1 day ago in Articles

We asked a couple experts for the best way to upgrade the NC MX-5.

Project Turbo Miata: Hitting the Dyno With a Fresh Engine

1 day ago in Project Cars

After getting a new engine, our turbo Miata project rolled onto the dyno.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Proud Prius

1 day ago in News

Paul Sexton takes the checker while staying green.

Your Projects: Throwback MR2

1 day ago in News

Take a Toyota MR2 AW11, add mud flaps and a cool livery, and you're ready for rallycross.

You Need This: Wacky Mazda RX-8

1 day ago in News

Out with the rotary and in with the luxurious Infiniti drivetrain.

From the GRM Vault: Subaru Bounces Back

4 days ago in Articles

Proof that motorsports involvement can lead to corporate success.

Your Projects: SkinnyG's V8 Pontiac Firefly

4 days ago in News

Talk about a sleeper.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
j684ftjhsgjcOPNlcLv3paSrPHZKOMLf