1 2 3
Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/4/14 10:30 p.m.

The pet peeve thread was ok but a bit negative. The world is already too negative so lets balance it out with car things that you love

Things I love

Old trucks on skinny white wheels

Wide steel wheels with poverty caps

Classic wheels in modern sizes

Cars without grilles

and clearly hotlinking

that's just a start

sanman
sanman Reader
6/4/14 10:34 p.m.

Got a full pic of that woody? Looks awesome!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/4/14 10:40 p.m.

Good topic! I like sleepers. I like fender mounted mirrors on period correct cars. I like bench seats in sedans. I like raised white letter tires. And of course, I like big trucks and I cannot lie.

Mostly I like when you can tell by looking at a vehicle that the owner has a passion for it, even if it's not a "style" that I prefer.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/4/14 10:49 p.m.

I love E28 BMWs always wanted one like this

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/4/14 11:03 p.m.
sanman wrote: Got a full pic of that woody? Looks awesome!

Cortina

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
6/4/14 11:12 p.m.

White letter tires on classily lowered 70's econoboxes.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/4/14 11:38 p.m.

rear engined euro trash

Bombs!

Wacky inboard suspension setups

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
6/4/14 11:47 p.m.

Red, black and white color schemes, Flatheads, and '32 High Boys. This is what I'm talking about.

EastCoastMojo wrote: Mostly I like when you can tell by looking at a vehicle that the owner has a passion for it, even if it's not a "style" that I prefer.

This.

Except donks. Those are dumb.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs HalfDork
6/4/14 11:49 p.m.

clearly unwise engine swaps

dropstep
dropstep New Reader
6/4/14 11:56 p.m.

ratty four doors and wagons that are faster then the tubbed and trailered cars most of the time..... great example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8EovJ4SeA

http://cdn.speednik.com/image/2012/12/rick-005.jpg

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
6/4/14 11:56 p.m.

Pointless drives at night (under the guise of getting cheese or something similar). Accelerating through tunnels or between tall buildings. Seeing any exciting car driving in the wild; it's so much better than seeing the same parked on some grass.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/5/14 5:55 a.m.

anything Datsun 510 related.....

octavious
octavious Reader
6/5/14 6:24 a.m.

Accelerating through tunnels is an awesome one. I'll also add empty parking decks.

The interior smell of an old car.

The smooth feel of new motor oil between you fingers.

Manual transmission shifting on anything. Sports car, Jeeps, wagon, big giant trucks, etc.

The reward of fixing something that most people would pay someone else to fix for them.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
6/5/14 7:09 a.m.

I love sound of a straight 6, especially if it has rumbling dual exhaust.

I love the feel of driving a turbo engined car when the turbo is fully spooled up and it accelerates like it has a jet with an afterburner. SAABs are good for this.

I love driving on winding rural roads, especially when they have good pavement and a lot of elevation changes.

I love cars that are sleepers, under dogs and giant killers.

I love white cars with bronze wheels.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
6/5/14 7:25 a.m.

Dual exhaust on a cold morning. Doesn't matter what car

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
6/5/14 7:44 a.m.
Burrito Enthusiast wrote: White letter tires on classily lowered 70's econoboxes.

I should have bought that when it was for sale, I work with the guy who made it this nice.

I love finding old cars, I love showing other people that passion for derelicts is enjoyable, I love the way an old car smells, I love reminiscing with others who have memories sparked due to something driving.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/14 8:37 a.m.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/5/14 8:54 a.m.

anything modified for function over form

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/5/14 9:14 a.m.

Daily driven exotics with miles and some wear.

Old, cheap, and normally unloved cars that are clearly loved and maintained by their owners.

Divorced waste gates with their own open exhaust

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/5/14 9:33 a.m.

I love waking up at the track on day 2 and seeing all the race cars with dew on them in the sun... front splitters removed to be able to move it around so I can see fat slicks with purposeful negative camber all covered with yesterday's clag. People quietly moving around, getting ready for practice.

I like to sit on my tailgate with a coffee and just watch in the sun until I hear the first crack of exhaust note before I start my own prep.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/5/14 9:41 a.m.

I love old 4x4s for some reason....they just make me smile. Below is a pic of my 69 Suburban. I know the pic is crap, and the sprite is the focus, but it's the only one I have right now. The Suburban has a 4 speed and drives like an old school bus, but man is it fun. Pay no attention to the hood gap....I was tinkering with it that day and the hood wasn't shut all the way. Yes I know it has black wheels (as does the Sprite)....all you guys from the peeves thread don't kill me.

Another thing I love and a well tuned carb. There are so many badly tuned ones out there that I just love it when I run across a good one....especially if it's a multi carb setup.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
6/5/14 9:41 a.m.
Ojala wrote: Daily driven exotics with miles and some wear.

TRUTH! Over the winter I spotted a white GTR (nearly exotic?), out on the road in the snow several times. I figured the owner was fully awesome or fully tool.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/5/14 9:50 a.m.

Shifting my own gears and getting into something that I enjoy driving each and everyday.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/5/14 10:08 a.m.

The smell of race gas makes me happy.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
6/5/14 10:25 a.m.
Ditchdigger wrote:
sanman wrote: Got a full pic of that woody? Looks awesome!
Cortina

That .. is incredible.

I love station wagons.

I love anything with more power than it needs. Power makes up for a lot of sins.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9qgPZHn7QiT5PnJDekt6JOw91uoMMSWI5BHLJL47k4VnLx9uJoqyPwYEGpHUhqfb