1 2 3 4 5
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
2/28/13 10:58 a.m.

The only one I ever miss is my very first one: A 1973 Mazda RX-2. It was just a dowdy 4-door with a little rust around the rear wheel openings, but it really was fun to drive. It got me back and forth to college, but after I graduated and got a job, I was itching for something nicer, so I sold it. Guy that bought it got broadsided a few weeks after he got the car. I doubt I'll ever see another one, let alone own it.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
2/28/13 11:13 a.m.

Dusty the Duster.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/28/13 11:20 a.m.

This one. '91 318is slicktop. Ground Control coilovers, SSRs, suspension completely refreshed, Mark D chip, etc. I still get sick about it and it was almost 3 years ago.

Moving_Target
Moving_Target Reader
2/28/13 11:51 a.m.

1986 Lada 1500 with propane conversion. I lusted for another one after my former pride and joy exploded and burned to bare metal after I sold it to another aficionado.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/28/13 12:01 p.m.

my 1993 nissan 240sx. I bought it before all of the fast n furious and drifting hit the states, then sold it for more than I paid for it a few years later because of that.

But it was super reliable and simple. I enjoyed flogging it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/28/13 12:11 p.m.

1966 corvair convertible with Crown Mfg mid-engine V8 kit. was my '03 and '04 challenge car. i will buy it back someday.

AngryCorvair
2/28/13 12:14 p.m.

oh, and the V8 944 that was my '08 challenge car. i need to do another one of those someday.

McTinkerson
McTinkerson New Reader
2/28/13 12:27 p.m.

Both of my RX-7's ( S4 N/A & S3 GSL-SE). Both sold due to space restrictions. One of these days I will have enough space to treat rotary cars like Pokemon and catch 'em all.

Enyar
Enyar Reader
2/28/13 12:33 p.m.

I've kept my Mustang for the past 4.5 years while only putting on 250 miles in fear of having to post in a thread like this about it.

egnorant
egnorant Dork
2/28/13 3:45 p.m.

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite! Paid $1000 and it had been sitting for 2 years due to a coil that would overheat and kill the engine after about 6 miles.

Drove it for 4 years, rain, sunshine, interstate at 80 mph, very attractive to the females. Had been the hobby car owned by the son of the owner of a Cadillac dealership so it was in great shape. Some guy offered me $5000 for it one day and I took it....sadness ensued.

Bruce

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/28/13 4:01 p.m.

I really miss my Crown Vic that was moved on to Aussie. Copped it for 2000 dollars, put 100K on it, and when it started to nickel and dime me, I dumped too much money into it, couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, and sold it for 200 bucks.

I also miss my Ford Aspire. That was more because I drove it like I didn't give a E36 M3 about it, and it accepted the punishment for several thousand miles. Drove it for over a year without a 4th gear or a back window. Packed it up with everything I owned and moved to Atlanta. Eventually the trans took a crap, and I offed it to the Hongs for a crisp 100 dollar bill (they bought the wheels, the car was a freebie).

chuckles
chuckles Reader
2/28/13 4:04 p.m.

'65 Barracuda Formula S. Bronze with black stripe. A good-looking, great -sounding, fast, good-handling car.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/28/13 4:11 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: I really miss my Crown Vic that was moved on to Aussie. Copped it for 2000 dollars, put 100K on it, and when it started to nickel and dime me, I dumped too much money into it, couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, and sold it for 200 bucks. I also miss my Ford Aspire. That was more because I drove it like I didn't give a E36 M3 about it, and it accepted the punishment for several thousand miles. Drove it for over a year without a 4th gear or a back window. Packed it up with everything I owned and moved to Atlanta. Eventually the trans took a crap, and I offed it to the Hongs for a crisp 100 dollar bill (they bought the wheels, the car was a freebie).

Still really appreciate that, though the rear suspension bits we needed literally fell apart as we tried to take everything apart. Man was that berkeleyer rusty! If you want a clean, rust free one, I'll keep an eye out for you. I bought another one in good shape for $300 a couple months after that one. OH! And I've still got those wheels if you ever want them back! LMK!

AngryCorvair
2/28/13 4:35 p.m.

this thread made me post a "looking for my old car" ad on CL...

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
2/28/13 4:47 p.m.

'77 Celica GT liftback with Mk II Supra P-type wheels.

Best looking car I've ever owned. I got rid of it because I wanted to focus my funds on the foxbody and I hated the motor. This thing soured me on the Toyota R.

Don't have any real good pics of it, though.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/28/13 6:02 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: In reply to DirtyBird222: No comment there... wow

:( I hate seeing something I put so much time and effort into being abused. It's just a material possession but i hate myself for selling it. I feel like getting another f-body now to compensate.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
2/28/13 6:07 p.m.

I had an '82 Volvo 245 with a four speed that I loved. The AC sucked balls when it worked but it was so incredibly awesome to drive. I sold it when we had our third kid and three car seats wouldn't really fit in the back seat. We probably could have made it work somehow but we were planning on having a fourth so it was time to get something bigger. I wish there had been some way to mothball it until I could get back to it. We sold it to a friend who drove it on and off for three years and then offered it back to us. I still kick myself for not buying it back.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
2/28/13 6:58 p.m.

I don't have pictures of my own cars as the pictures (remember film, not pixels!!) are back in the UK. But the two cars I miss that most are: 1985 Opel Manta GTE coupe, not hatch, just like this, even in gold. The first car I copeted in sanctioned motorsport, hillclimbs and sprints.

197? Davrian Mk VI, Imp based kit car. Mine was a road going version, green and rough

EricM
EricM SuperDork
2/28/13 8:02 p.m.

88 Fiero GT. I just miss it. Of all of the cars that have come and gone, this is the one I miss.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/28/13 8:24 p.m.
EricM wrote: 88 Fiero GT. I just miss it. Of all of the cars that have come and gone, this is the one I miss.

She's a looker!

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/28/13 9:02 p.m.

'01 2.5RS  photo Rallycross1.jpg

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/1/13 7:14 a.m.
fornetti14 wrote: '01 2.5RS  photo Rallycross1.jpg

That is an awesome pic!

whenry
whenry HalfDork
3/1/13 7:20 a.m.

1987 Honda CRX Si(totally stock) 1988 Toyota MR-2 SC(small pulley and susp work) 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE(4 port motor, 4 barrel, RB exhaust, lowered, etc 1972 Chev Nova SS 350(rebuilt it as a "this is to teach you to stay in school and get an education" project with my Dad; drove it thru town on one Sat nite and sold it - what did I know???)

mc1457
mc1457
3/1/13 7:24 a.m.

1996 Mystic Cobra I had put a Tremec T56 and fully upgraded suspension on...but replaced it a couple years later with a 96 Miata, whereupon I realized the true answer to all automotive questions. I miss the Cobra but would not go back (though I would ADD a Cobra to the growing stable of Miatas ...lol)

lgilbert50
lgilbert50 None
3/1/13 7:43 a.m.

The one that got away from me, 27t track roadster with a Curtis tube frame, with a fresh flathead. Back in the 60s sold it for $800 need parts for my 33 coupe I was building

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7lfyjJ5JZEwHp98c3VfseRnC7iVRqPJoOrzEavGr2S5CrY1gDaSHOJn0OX4wXrd1