daytonaer
daytonaer Reader
2/11/09 9:45 a.m.

No, I don't want a free one, I just bought one but have some questions on it.

Is there any way to get more information on what is listed?

The car came up with a salvage title which makes sense as it had fresh paint and some odd rust. It's a '94.

It was issued a salvage title in '95, passed CA emissions in '95 etc then was declared a total loss vehicle in 2002. It was also transferred to NY and registered in 06 w/out a salvage title.

Obviously it's fishy, but is there any way to tell if the car was totaled more than once? was it rebuilt in '95 crashed and rebuilt again in 02?

I haven't had a chance to take it for a drive because it's in an aircraft hanger surrounded by grassy fields which are muddy now and it would get stuck. If it was rebuilt in 95 I wouldn't hesitate to make an offer on it as it was driven plenty after that. If it was rebuilt in 02 and CA just back stamps all its records I think I will pass, as it didn't get any real miles put on it after that.

Is there any way to find out more about the "total loss vehicle: vehicle declared a total loss Collision damage reported" ? That's all the carfax says and I was curious if I could get info from the ins co. or the CA DMV??

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/11/09 9:48 a.m.

Well if you are reading the info as I am then yes the car was totalled twice and rebuilt.

The only other information you coud get is by sleuthing out ALL of the previous owners and trying to contact them.

Sounds like a great Challenge car to me ;)

daytonaer
daytonaer Reader
2/11/09 9:52 a.m.
John Brown wrote: Well if you are reading the info as I am then yes the car was totalled twice and rebuilt. The only other information you coud get is by sleuthing out ALL of the previous owners and trying to contact them. Sounds like a great Challenge car to me ;)

Amazing response time!

Great challenge is correct. I don't think he knows its a S title and carfax suggests it has a "washed" title. So I'm hoping that will let me get it cheapo.

and because its not nice to tease:

That rust and wavy dog-leg stood out, other that that its a typical rust free CA car, immaculate undercarriage.

I'll shoot him a low offer today.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
2/11/09 12:54 p.m.

I hate you people and your cheap Miatas. I can't get a Miata here for under about $3000.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mk9Rq5Mi5P0roz8QkQmWsUiFmOXAsb3thWhSjvfVG5M7HXHsaMietKvDjeskIkZ1