1 2
T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 3:59 a.m.

So, I just searched the internet and there is a Toyota dealer in Tacoma, WA named Toyota of Tacoma. That would be the place to buy a Tacoma. It would be a Toyota of Tacoma Toyota Tacoma.

I looked for a Chevy dealer in CO named Colorado Cheverolet, where, of course, is where I'd buy my Colorado Chevy Chevy Colorado, but I don't think a dealer with that name exists. Of course, I also looked to see if there was a dealership called Denver Ford, where one would buy a Denver Ford Ford Bronco.

I looked to see if there was a dealership named San Diego Dodge, which is where I'd like to buy a San Diego Dodge Dodge Charger.

Is there an Alfa Romeo dealer in Montreal? Did they at one time sell a Montreal Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo Montreal?

Imagine Bel Air Chevy Chevy Bel Air, or Malibu Chevy Chevy Malibu. Lake Tahoe Chevy Chevy Tahoe. Dakota Dodge Doge Dakota. Daytona Dodge Dodge Daytona. Durango, Hyaundai Santa Fe, this could go on and on.

Somewhere out there in the US there must be a real life example of this other than Tacoma Toyota Toyota Tacoma.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:06 a.m.

Why can't there at least be a Kia Dealer in Sedona?

Why is the Hyundai dealer in Tucson named Jim Crick and not Tucson Hyundai?

This is madness I say. Perhaps I need to think globally and look up the names of chevy dealers in Monte Carlo, or Ford dealers in Torino.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:07 a.m.

Holy E36 M3. There is a Daytona Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram where just maybe one could find a Daytona Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Dodge Daytona.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:10 a.m.

Clare Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Newport is almost the place to buy a Chrysler Newport...their website is http://www.newportchryslerdodgejeep.com/index.htm, even if their name has to be wrong and have Clare in it instead of Newport.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:12 a.m.

Was there a Montana Pontiac at one time? I can't find a trace of it if so.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:13 a.m.

Ok, I lied on the thread topic. This really isn't all that fun. It's just that its a little afer 4am and I still have 2 hours of sitting here at work in case something comes up.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:16 a.m.

There is a Butler Fiat in Indy. They have the url of fiatofusaofindianapolis.com, so you could sort of buy an Indianapolis Fiat Fiat 500.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:20 a.m.

Sweet! There is a dealership named Jaguar Jacksonville, which is not quite the same, but still somewhat amusing.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:22 a.m.

There's sadly no dealer named Seattle Chevy where I would buy a Sonic. (Yes I know they left town and became some other team at some point and the Sonics no longer exist. How about a Seattle Geo Geo Storm then?)

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:23 a.m.

Not too far outside of Portland, OR there is a dealership named Suburban Chevrolet.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/21/14 4:24 a.m.

Fairmont, WV does not have a Ford dealer, much less one with the proper name.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/14 5:07 a.m.

There is no Dodge dealer in Aspen:(

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
10/21/14 5:28 a.m.

Good thing Wally jumped in there. It was starting to get a little crazy....

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/14 6:30 a.m.

I checked Lucerne and Lacrosse, Wisconsin. While the both have Buick dealers, neither are appropriately named.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
10/21/14 6:45 a.m.

I wonder if there is (or was) a Ford dealer in Capri, Cortina, Granada or Taunus. They used to be big on place names for their European products.

What about a Lancia dealer in Monte Carlo, I'm sure there was never a Ponti-ack dealer there!

Is there a Buick dealer on Park Avenue?

There has to be Ferrari dealers both in California and Modena

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/14 7:14 a.m.

There is a Ford dealer in Ohio named Harrison Ford.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
10/21/14 8:55 a.m.
EvanB wrote: There is a Ford dealer in Ohio named Harrison Ford.

Be a great place to buy a Galaxy

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
10/21/14 9:35 a.m.
mtn wrote:
EvanB wrote: There is a Ford dealer in Ohio named Harrison Ford.
Be a great place to buy a Galaxy

Or a Falcon.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/21/14 11:22 a.m.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any Saturn dealers on Saturn.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
10/21/14 11:25 a.m.
codrus wrote: I'm pretty sure there aren't any Saturn dealers on Saturn.

Better to have one on Saturn than Uranus!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/21/14 11:32 a.m.

In Rochester NY.

Used to be a Clee Ford.

"Go to Clee ford and get a a Clee Taurus"

Or

Dick Ide

"Go to Dick Ide and get a Dick Ide Honda"

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/14 11:46 a.m.

I've always felt that 2001 should have been a great sales year for the Honda Odyssey.

Maybe we can just take the cars to their namesake. I mean, a Chevy Colorado in Colorado is pretty much a given, and there are many Durangos in Durangos. But a Le Mans at Le Mans?

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing New Reader
10/21/14 12:19 p.m.

I know that there is not a Kia dealership in Sorrento, Italy

Regardless I would not want to drive my Kia Sorento on the Sorrento and Amalfi coast roads, craziest roads I've ever driven.

Adrian_Thompson
10/21/14 1:12 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I've always felt that 2001 should have been a great sales year for the Honda Odyssey. Maybe we can just take the cars to their namesake. I mean, a Chevy Colorado in Colorado is pretty much a given, and there are many Durangos in Durangos. But a Le Mans at Le Mans?

Wanna bet. Here on the Monte Carlo rally. OK OK so it's a Vaxhall Astra or Opel Kadett version not a Ponti-ack Lemons. I keep forgetting you guys got the sloppy seconds crap for this car.

I have the right to be as rude as I like about the crap you got here as it was actually a Daewoo LeMans and I had the missfortune to find myself working for Daewoo for a time, not something, car or company I would recomend to anyone.

But, back to the unmitigated POS that Ponti-ack lemons was. This is what the car was to me growing up.

Back in the 80's these ladies

Rallied a Group 'A' Astra against the boys with some success.

They had this very famous crash in the Portugal WRC round they they were luck not to both drown in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r9U1nYsG5Q

She also raced a Group A Astra in the BTCC

Yeah, I was kinda keen as a teen on her.

Adrian_Thompson
10/21/14 1:22 p.m.

Back to Mk II Astra's in general. They were very cool cars in the 80's but had massive insurance rates as they were a favorite for being stolen for smash and grab raids that were popular with dumb berkeley stupid teens back then. Steel a fast car, drive it through the window of a show, nick anything and everything, drive off and dump the car. Bastards.

They came with a really sweet 2.0L 16V version of the GM family II engine known as the 'XE' which was particularly potent for the day at 150hp, almost unheard of in Europe at the time.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v09RlyUA0nW3wjZMwcD68UiC9dFnaJQxumMIAXrjLJq0xebOxATx6h9w6urGgBgA