old_ New Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 1:59 p.m.

I scored a good deal on some snow tires for my wife's scion xA. I'm looking for a spare set of wheels to mount the snows on. I need some 15" 4x100's with a FWD offset. I know some late model civics, miatas, corollas, and scions came with this combo but the junk yards seem to think everything from those cars is made of gold. Does anyone know of any other cars that I can look to get these wheels from? I don't care if they are alloy or steel.

thanks a lot!

fidelity101 Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 2:00 p.m.

BMW E30s Miata Civic early sentra too I think

oh my mazda2 has that size :)

also, saturn SC/SL2s

Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:04 p.m.

Protoge, Escort, ZX2, some Rx7's

rob_lewis Dork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:07 p.m.

Look for MINI wheels. I bet your local Craig's will scare up a bunch. Upgrading MINI rims are a very common.

-Rob

friedgreencorrado PowerDork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:12 p.m.

Later VWs (2000-up IIRC) have them. Almost universally alloys, though.

44Dwarf SuperDork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:17 p.m.

Good luck finding a set but 92 Geo Storm GSI had 15 inch alloys in 4x100 bolt pattern and took 205x50x15 tires

old_ New Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 2:20 p.m.

thanks a lot everyone... I'm craigslisting this stuff now.

keep 'em coming if you think of any others.

Derick Freese SuperDork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:25 p.m.

Congrats, you've found the most common wheel size ever. You have about a 50/50 chance that any given wheel on Craigslist is a 4x100. About half of those will be of the 15" variety.

mw Dork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:30 p.m.

No rx7's were 4x100. Also vw's 98 and earlier were 4x100 (golfs and jettas non vr6). Integras were that bolt pattern.

Oct. 26, 2012 2:32 p.m.

Tire Rack is listing 14" winter packages for xAs.

'92-'93 Storm GSi/Impulse XS/Stylus XS/RS 15x6 40mm offset 56.5mm hub.

DOHC Sx2 Saturns 15x6 50mm offset 57mm hub.

BMW E30 325ix 15x7 57mm hub.
BMW E30 14x6 35mm offset 57mm hub
BMW 325is/es 14x6.5

Honda/MINI hub is 56.1 mm.
Integra GS-R 15x6

Various '95-'02 Miata (M) 15x6 40/45mm offset 54mm hub.

The standard base model wheels on all these are 14".

Keith Tanner MegaDork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:44 p.m.

You do have to watch the hub size - the Miata ones are pretty small, so it can be hard to fit Miata wheels on a lot of other cars.

I think there was a first generation RX7 with that pattern - GSL-SE? Not that it's liable to be a factor.

ValuePack Dork
Oct. 26, 2012 2:46 p.m.

Sentra thru at least B14. Was B15 the switch to 4x114.3?

fidelity101 Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 2:47 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: You do have to watch the hub size - the Miata ones are pretty small, so it can be hard to fit Miata wheels on a lot of other cars. I think there was a first generation RX7 with that pattern - GSL-SE? Not that it's liable to be a factor.

the GSLSE were 4x114.3 the non GSLSE were 4x100

and yeah I had to buy hubcentric rings to fit E30 wheels on my mazda2

ValuePack wrote: Sentra thru at least B14. Was B15 the switch to 4x114.3?

Yes because I remember having SE-R Vspec wheels on my old s13 way back in the day.

Oct. 26, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Look for late 90s early 2000 Civic wheels. I bought a set a few years ago and they fit my All-Trac perfectly.... they came with Hakapelittas

ebonyandivory Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 3:07 p.m.
mw Dork
Oct. 26, 2012 3:11 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: the GSLSE were 4x114.3 the non GSLSE were 4x100

Nope. Gslse was 4x114.3, but all other first gens were 4x110mm.

Your scion uses a 54.1mm hub bore which is the smallest available, so as long as you don't mind being non hub centric, your hubs will fit in the bore of whatever wheels you buy. If you do want Hubcentric, stick with wheels from Mazda, ford, and Toyota.

One other thing to remember is brake clearance. Try one on to make sure the calipers don't hit the back side of the wheel. You can always run spacers, but it's nicer no to have to.

Keith Tanner MegaDork
Oct. 26, 2012 3:26 p.m.

We've got an FB rear end in the shop that I'm sure is a 4x100. I'll have to check it out.

mw Dork
Oct. 26, 2012 3:32 p.m.

As far as I know all usdm rx7 rears were either 4x110/114.3

EvanB PowerDork
Oct. 26, 2012 3:35 p.m.

Yes, all FBs are 4x110 or 4x114.3.

93EXCivic MegaDork
Oct. 26, 2012 3:36 p.m.
rob_lewis wrote: Look for MINI wheels. I bet your local Craig's will scare up a bunch. Upgrading MINI rims are a very common. -Rob

What is the offset on the MINI wheels? I am also looking for 15" for the Civic since the tire supply for 14" wheels sucks....

DrBoost PowerDork
Oct. 26, 2012 3:37 p.m.

According to logdog, there are no 15" wheels with a 4X100 pattern. He kept trying to push 16's, 4X110's and motorcycle wheels when I was asking him to find some for me.

old_ New Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 3:46 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
rob_lewis wrote: Look for MINI wheels. I bet your local Craig's will scare up a bunch. Upgrading MINI rims are a very common. -Rob

What is the offset on the MINI wheels? I am also looking for 15" for the Civic since the tire supply for 14" wheels sucks....

45mm offset for the 15's. 5.5" width. should fit fine on a civic. you will have to get some conical shaped lugs as the civic uses rounded/ball style lugs.

Irish1 New Reader
Oct. 26, 2012 3:56 p.m.

Baloney. The 88-91 BMW E30 325iX AWD coupes and sedans used a 15X7 4X100 BMW/BBS Euroweave with a 41 mm offset and a 57.1 hub center. Lots of the E30 boys are using these with 15 mm adaptors in lieu of the expensive 15X7 Euroweaves. Great wheels, light and strong. Occasionally you'll run across a 325iX with steelies in the same offsets in a junkyard, but most were up-optioned with the BBS wheels. Craigslist Seattle and the PNW and you'll find some.

DrBoost wrote: According to logdog, there are no 15" wheels with a 4X100 pattern. He kept trying to push 16's, 4X110's and motorcycle wheels when I was asking him to find some for me.
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
Oct. 26, 2012 4:03 p.m.

There are many guides like this on the internet.
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Referenc...
http://www.performancewheeladapters.com/servlet/the-template/guide/Page
Be mindful of bolt size and center bore.

In your case, Miata 15" rims and Mazda MX3 15" rims should be perfect fits if you are willing to go alloy.
Escort ZX2, '97 and newer are the proper center bore too.

Base model Chevy Cobalt steel rims will work but you should get hub spacers to fill the center bore gap (the Cobalt has a larger hole.)

DrBoost PowerDork
Oct. 26, 2012 6:58 p.m.
Irish1 wrote: Baloney. The 88-91 BMW E30 325iX AWD coupes and sedans used a 15X7 4X100 BMW/BBS Euroweave with a 41 mm offset and a 57.1 hub center. Lots of the E30 boys are using these with 15 mm adaptors in lieu of the expensive 15X7 Euroweaves. Great wheels, light and strong. Occasionally you'll run across a 325iX with steelies in the same offsets in a junkyard, but most were up-optioned with the BBS wheels. Craigslist Seattle and the PNW and you'll find some.
DrBoost wrote: According to logdog, there are no 15" wheels with a 4X100 pattern. He kept trying to push 16's, 4X110's and motorcycle wheels when I was asking him to find some for me.

He'll read this and realize how wrong he was. Thanks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Hyper-Fest Moving to VIR for 2015

23 hours ago in News

The "Automotive Amusement Park" will move from Summit Point to VIR for next year.

Our Focus Gets Dirty

2 days ago in Project Cars

We rallycross our SVT Focus.

Get Half-Price Subscriptions Until Christmas

2 days ago in News

Miss the Black Friday Special? Just need a last minute Christmas gift? We're here to help.

NASA Southeast Gives Toys to the Less Fortunate

3 days ago in News

The NASA Southeast family put on yet another successful "Santa's Toy Run" this past weekend.

2014 Honda Pilot SE

3 days ago in New Car Reviews

The new Honda Pilot has been a family favorite for quite some time. This small SUV offers the space and ...

Challenging the Rolex 24 Hours

4 days ago in Articles

How to spend $1000 an hour and not have a cocaine problem.

Show Us Your Shop Contest Extended

4 days ago in News

We're moving the entry deadline back to December 31. Get your entries in soon.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More