1 2
EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
7/3/14 9:30 a.m.

The Concours d'LeMons event is heading north to Plymouth, MI on Saturday, July 26. Bring your rust bucket out to show off or just show up to laugh at others. Either way, it's free. We've been to a few of these events in the past and highly recommend them for a fun weekend event. It's amazing the oddities you can find.

Find more info and schedule of events HERE

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
7/3/14 9:31 a.m.

In reply to EdHigginbotham:

I figured you were talking about the 100 year anniversary of Dodge......

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/3/14 9:41 a.m.

i'm planning to be there with Ursula the E12

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/14 9:44 a.m.

Arrggghh...I'll be at Beerfest in Ypsi all day.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/3/14 9:46 a.m.

If you attend, you'll be able to witness the awesomeness of the Mighty Champ in person! Provided it doesn't blow up, disintegrate, or burst into flames on the way there! I may even let you sit in it, and enjoy the opulence. It smells like 1981!

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/14 11:22 a.m.

Ahh yes, a show where the "do not touch" signs are plastered on cars not for fear of the car getting scratches and fingerprints, but for the touch-er to not get tetanus or cause something to fall off.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
7/3/14 3:58 p.m.

Aww. That's the same weekend as the vintage races at Waterford Hills.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
7/3/14 4:14 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to EdHigginbotham: I figured you were talking about the 100 year anniversary of Dodge......

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
7/3/14 5:18 p.m.

I will be there.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
7/3/14 5:22 p.m.

I'll be there, calendar marked.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/14 6:00 p.m.

I think I talked the Mrs into going.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/3/14 7:05 p.m.

we could bring the rambler, but our child is due 2 days later. somehow i think an 8.965 month pregnant woman would not like an 8 hour round trip in a 48 year old car with no AC in july

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
7/19/14 7:40 p.m.

How late is this running officially? I want to go but don't want to wake up early.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/14 7:48 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: If you attend, you'll be able to witness the awesomeness of the Mighty Champ in person! Provided it doesn't blow up, disintegrate, or burst into flames on the way there! I may even let you sit in it, and enjoy the opulence. It smells like 1981!

White walls!

Do I remember a Turbo version of this car, or am I thinking of something else?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/14 8:55 p.m.
ZOO wrote: Do I remember a Turbo version of this car, or am I thinking of something else?

You do. It was the Dodge Colt, but same thing. I never drove one, but I bet they are a hoot. My bone-stock 1980 Colt with the 1.4L was pretty fun.

I plan on being there.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
7/20/14 8:54 p.m.

I test drove a Dodge Colt Turbo in '84. Zippy little thing. Twin sticks. I went with the Shelby Charger instead.

Tom_Spangler
7/24/14 2:23 p.m.

Roll call! Adrian and I will be there in the morning, around 9-10ish. Anyone else?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
7/24/14 2:36 p.m.

As Tom said I'm in, getting there between 9:00 - 10:00 with the spousal unit.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/14 2:58 p.m.

I will be there with an entourage of 2.

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist New Reader
7/24/14 11:56 p.m.

Heading there with the missus late morning.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
7/25/14 7:06 p.m.

I may go, but it looks like t storms are possible. Depends on the weather. The Volvo isn't exactly sealed up tight at the moment. But if you see an old red brick wagon, that's me.

Tom_Spangler
7/25/14 10:53 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: I may go, but it looks like t storms are possible. Depends on the weather. The Volvo isn't exactly sealed up tight at the moment. But if you see an old red brick wagon, that's me.

Looking at Weatherunderground, it looks like the chance of showers increases after noon. All the more reason to get there early!

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist New Reader
7/26/14 10:27 a.m.

I just got back. Disappointingly small. 27 cars when I left. However there is a concour de elegance on 5 mile at the Inn at St Johns on Sunday the 27th. It looked pretty good size as we drove by after the show.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
7/26/14 12:18 p.m.

It was indeed a small show, but if they continue it will certainly grow. We met some good people and connected over searching for odd Euro parts. Hopefully Joe G's ride didn't self- destruct.

Tom_Spangler
7/26/14 12:24 p.m.

Yes, small but entertaining with some interesting vehicles, hilarious decorations and signs, and good folks. The MC was pretty funny, too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kQJ5mTVdBgKoqVltn3BcHXt9GYeDdcas889o3aI1sITIeg3JWxxkMcYGjbhpphFB