1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
10/15/17 2:02 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

That's the one I've already got, but there's no way to edit it ( PDF file) and fill in the blanks, at least no way for this dinosaur.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/15/17 2:05 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

Print it. Fill it in by hand. Return. 

(One dinosaur to another) lol!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/15/17 2:05 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

Its a pdf. Look for the fill and sign options is adobe. Should be under edit.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
10/15/17 2:19 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Well, the good news is I first worked in industry as a draughtsman, so my printing is pretty good, even today. For you youngins, a draughtsman was the guy who drew up machine parts before computers were invented, no CAD back then. Yes, I'm old.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/15/17 2:25 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

CAD=Curmudgeon Assisted Drawing

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/17 3:02 p.m.
DeadSkunk said:

In reply to SVreX :

"Well, the good news is I first worked in industry as a draughtsman"

Wait, I thought that's what they used to call bartenders in places that had banned hard liquor?

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/15/17 4:25 p.m.

Two down.  One to go...

FIMS
FIMS New Reader
10/15/17 7:20 p.m.

Well, I bled the brakes and did a bed in run around the neighborhood. Cars as done as it will get. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/15/17 8:10 p.m.

Looks great!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/15/17 8:48 p.m.

Primary car is out.  Backup car is slightly sketchy at this point, too.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/16/17 8:40 p.m.

At the suggestion of Mrs. Deuce I loaded the vinyl cutting software on her laptop and made a few test cuts. I'm a bit limited with colors (very little white for instance) and I'm taking the small cutter, but it's coming to Florida. I'll be hanging around the parking lot from Wednesday night onward. Come find me. We'll make stickers. laugh

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/17 8:49 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

We considered throwing the cutter in the trailer but i cut what i needed last night and just bringing my application tools.  Ugh, the last day of work tomorrow isn't getting any shorter even though i pulled almost 12 hours today.  

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/16/17 8:58 p.m.

before working with a heat gun today to take off the 2015 stickers that where still on my car.

and after playing with the heat gun and trying to get the glue off of everything...some came with brake cleaner and wd40....does not work very well for getting rid of old glue like someone said in tips.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/16/17 9:18 p.m.

3 of 3 done.  I had to replace a slightly bent axle shaft today but everything came together.  The parking lot build c1500 is ready for the journy to Gainesville.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/16/17 9:19 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Those wheels look familiar 

Patrick
10/16/17 9:24 p.m.
ckosacranoid said:

before working with a heat gun today to take off the 2015 stickers that where still on my car.

and after playing with the heat gun and trying to get the glue off of everything...some came with brake cleaner and wd40....does not work very well for getting rid of old glue like someone said in tips.

Blaster citrus degreaser and a plastic bondo applicator.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/16/17 9:31 p.m.

I just want to publicly say thanks to Duster for taking me in. I half built a car for the $2003 Challenge, but my second kid being born put the kibosh on attending the event. I've always wanted to go.
I didn't know if I could make it two weeks ago. When I figured out I could, Duster said he had room on the floor. 
I finally get to go to a Challenge. 
There aren't enough ways to say thanks for that. 

Patrick
10/16/17 9:39 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

He's a good E36 M3

Justjim75
Justjim75 New Reader
10/16/17 9:39 p.m.

Looks bad for me, but in a good way.  My sons soccer team, well, since I'm the coach, our soccer team that has played mostly hard and still sucked all season finally clicked tonight in the first playoff game and won.  We were 5th of 6 teams and beat #2 soundly!  The bummer is that the next game is this Friday and there is nothing I won't do for my kids, especially not quit before the end.  Unless we can change the game day due to homecoming (ugh) then I will wait on YouTube and "notphotobucket"

Good luck and have fun!

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
10/17/17 3:42 a.m.
mazdeuce said:

At the suggestion of Mrs. Deuce I loaded the vinyl cutting software on her laptop and made a few test cuts. I'm a bit limited with colors (very little white for instance) and I'm taking the small cutter, but it's coming to Florida. I'll be hanging around the parking lot from Wednesday night onward. Come find me. We'll make stickers. laugh

I will be in need of your services.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/17/17 6:31 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

You can be part of my team also, I need some stickers. 

Patrick
10/17/17 6:58 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to mazdeuce :

You can be part of my team also, I need some stickers. 

Don't worry I'm tagging your car too

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/17/17 7:02 a.m.
mazdeuce said:

I just want to publicly say thanks to Duster for taking me in. I half built a car for the $2003 Challenge, but my second kid being born put the kibosh on attending the event. I've always wanted to go.
I didn't know if I could make it two weeks ago. When I figured out I could, Duster said he had room on the floor. 
I finally get to go to a Challenge. 
There aren't enough ways to say thanks for that. 

You're welcome.  And, its my pleasure.  Im also kinda sorry that you're bunking with fat guys who snore.

Everyone else; anyone need anything? Ill do what i can. 

Patrick
10/17/17 7:16 a.m.

I feel like i got run over by a truck from working so hard yesterday.  Get to do it again today, come home and clean out truck/pack, finish strapping stuff in trailer, hook up and go.  Oh yeah have to hit summit racing on way and get my bottle filled, Last minute clearance rack shop while they fill bottle, then lead south.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/17/17 7:25 a.m.

The cars (and trucks) look great. Safe travels, everyone. 

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X2TelqbReZuPEVzowlpuEziSUu5zv8FBft7rhfLBlbgzYDz27UPqM0nIrWoPPGmA