1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23
Justjim75
Justjim75 New Reader
10/17/17 7:34 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

The cars (and trucks) look great. Safe travels, everyone. 

Ditto

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/17/17 10:58 a.m.

Car is loaded on the broken trailer for hook up tomorrow and 2-12hr night shifts away from leaving...

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/17/17 12:12 p.m.

Just caught a sneak preview of Smith college entry all finished and lettered and ready for challenge.  The ladies got it going on.  I think they are in route to Gainesville today.

May be an omen: their livery is a woman with her hair on fire!

Check em out on Smith College Racing facebook  page.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/17/17 12:12 p.m.

I just checked the map. I need to make exactly two turns to get from my kids high school (where I'm leaving from tomorrow morning) to the hotel. 852 miles, three roads. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/17/17 12:22 p.m.
mazdeuce said:

I just checked the map. I need to make exactly two turns to get from my kids high school (where I'm leaving from tomorrow morning) to the hotel. 852 miles, three roads. 

Don't early apex!cheeky

FIMS
FIMS New Reader
10/17/17 12:34 p.m.

I just ran off a bunch of my team stickers. I'm willing to trade with anyone for theirs. 

Also, I still have a bed available in my room since I'm coming solo if anyone is needing a place to crash / wanting to not sleep in a trailer and doesn't want to pay for a full room of their own. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/17/17 1:00 p.m.

Is anyone bringing scales? I would love to know what our car weighs

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/17 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

They usually have scales but it was during/after contours. 

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/17/17 1:42 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Is anyone bringing scales? I would love to know what our car weighs

Yes, scales will be open on Saturday.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/17 2:39 p.m.

Loading and cleaning out truck, back ablaze.  1100 miles, 2 little kids, one stop at summit racing should begin in a couple hours

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/17/17 2:55 p.m.

Grabbed the nitrous kit for Patrick out of storage, test drove the Miata.  Need to wash and wax it, finish my build book, put together spare parts and tool kit.  Should probably pack snacks and clothing sometime, too.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/17 3:12 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav :

I need to remember to bring the meth injection kit along too, I don't want to forget about that...

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
10/17/17 3:30 p.m.

Broke down 147 miles into the trip. Sieved a caliper. Broke the torque wrench. But....Challenge

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
10/17/17 3:36 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

Just caught a sneak preview of Smith college entry all finished and lettered and ready for challenge.  The ladies got it going on.  I think they are in route to Gainesville today.

May be an omen: their livery is a woman with her hair on fire!

Check em out on Smith College Racing facebook  page.

They also got the attention of the WSJ.

Link to thread about Smith College entry in the news.

I like that what our Challengers do makes the news in a good way, for a change, instead of in a Nazi-good way. (Sorry. Puns are my weakness.) See you all there.

Margie

Patrick
10/17/17 5:14 p.m.

Maybe we'll get to leave.  Trailer ready, truck almost loaded, kids driving us nuts.  I was hoping for NC today but it looks like if i can get to charleston wv it's a mildly successful failure

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/17/17 5:17 p.m.

Well, if you leave west Virginia early enough, you'll see us on the interstate. We roll at 8amfrom Charlotte. 

See y'all soon!

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/17/17 5:39 p.m.

IF ANYONE NEEDS ANYTHING AND YOU ARE COMING DOWN 75 I AM 1 HR NORTH OF ATLANTA  CARTERSVILLE GA EXIT HWY 20

IF YOU ARE ON 85 S i AM MEETING MY RIDE AT ROAD ATLANTA EXIT BY 10AM.    I MEET JOE THURSDAY MORNING AT 10AM

I LIVE 30 MIN.FROM 75 TO THE EAST OFF HWY20 LET ME KNOW  THAT WOULD BE 575 FIGURE THAT IN.  ALSO 1 HR FROM ROAD ATLANTA.              GOT TOOLS         67 EIGHT  EIGHT 5 OH    1 TWO 9 NINE

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/17/17 5:47 p.m.

ABOUT THE SCALES, IS THIS A TRUCK TYPE (OVERALL WEIGHT) OR DO WE HAVE ACCESS TO 4 TO GET CORNER WEIGHTS 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/17/17 5:55 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Corner scales

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
10/17/17 6:32 p.m.
Patrick said:

Maybe we'll get to leave.  Trailer ready, truck almost loaded, kids driving us nuts.  I was hoping for NC today but it looks like if i can get to charleston wv it's a mildly successful failure

We got fixed up in about an hour and we are now 11 miles from NC

Patrick
10/17/17 7:27 p.m.

Standing at summit racing in akron waiting for my nitrous bottle.  Which means we've made it about 30 minutes into the 14.5 hour trip once we backtrack the 10 minutes back to 77 south.  It's setting up to be a long night.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/17/17 8:37 p.m.

Ready to go in the morning. I need a bigger trailer, it's not long enough or wide enough for cars like this. I think I have a 1/2" on either side in the rear.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/17/17 8:45 p.m.

If anyone needs help tomorrow coming in on I-10, let me know. Truck with no trailer so I have options. See y'all at the hotel. 

Patrick
10/18/17 12:30 a.m.

Beckley, wv.  Just rolled in.  Going to sleep.  

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/18/17 4:50 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

THAT'S FUNNY I HAVE A TRAILER WITH NO TRUCK,     what's worse I have two cars in Florida that need to come here.

1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CoN9SK5uo06mSqOlKdqFMZcj5AHJfIWrJvJw5YGpv0uP5pkuvoQo2jOZ2QgLZllY