1 2 3 4 ... 23
QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/17 8:03 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
Andy Neuman wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: Almost finished installing suspension on s10. Looking for parking lot build car...
Probably because parking lot builds are more fun than regular builds.
Not necessarily a shared opinion...Depends on what you're doing....and if the help holds onto things...or if you are nearly on fire....just sayin'....

Yeah Calvin!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/9/17 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

I like those. If Rev doesn't want them I might put in an offer.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/9/17 8:08 p.m.

I'm stuck in NYC tonight because of the snow, but still managed to make forward progress on our challenge car.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
2/9/17 8:18 p.m.
QuasiMofo wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
Andy Neuman wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: Almost finished installing suspension on s10. Looking for parking lot build car...
Not necessarily a shared opinion...Depends on what you're doing....and if the help holds onto things...or if you are nearly on fire....just sayin'....
Yeah Calvin!

Blame it on the kid. I see how it is.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/9/17 8:47 p.m.
Andy Neuman wrote:
patgizz wrote:
RevRico wrote: 5x114.3 HIGH offset for the P71, 16 inches n up. If I had a jeep or a 6 bolt truck pattern, I'd be golden here, but I'm having trouble even finding mustang takeoffs. Honestly, closer to the challenge, I was thinking of posting up here if some florida member or someone making the trip had them and would put tires on them, I'd pay for it when I got there. Looked at changing the bolt pattern, but adapters are pricey and I don't think they'd take to autocrossing well. Craigslist around here is just odd. When I was looking for miata wheels, no 4x100 to be found, now they're everywhere dirt cheap. I figure once I quit looking they'll magically appear for less than the $65 each the scrapyard wants.
Andy Neuman probably has a crapton of them
That would require me to do an inventory of my wheels, something I prefer not to do because it scares me. I have these and the best offer so far has been $150

If you're not in a hurry, I'd love to buy those up when this white E36 M3 stops coming down. What size rubber would fit on those?

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/9/17 8:56 p.m.

Mine is currently below about 4 feet of snow

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/17 9:12 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to wheels777: Is it a gasser Corvair?
No Sir. But that was discussed.

So I've still got the record for fastest Corvair at the Challenge. That's important to me. ;-)

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/9/17 11:04 p.m.

[URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/dusterbd13/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-02/20170209_221025_zpspg6mhycp.jpg.html][/URL]

We stayed in the shop WAY too long.....

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
2/10/17 5:05 a.m.

I have a stack of parts waiting getting more tonight. I have not moved the malibu to build bay yet. Still rehabbing a house.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
2/10/17 5:53 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
So I've still got the record for fastest Corvair at the Challenge. That's important to me. ;-)

A very coveted record to say the least.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
2/10/17 5:56 a.m.
QuasiMofo wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
Andy Neuman wrote:
Yeah Calvin!

Ahhhh...Yaaa... Where that little eye rolling thingy?

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/17 6:47 a.m.

In reply to wheels777:

Paula's eyes said enough when she nonverbally scolded both of us. I'm certain Calvin had the wxact same thoughts going through his head as I did "That really didn't just happen did it?"

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
2/10/17 10:42 a.m.

I think we are coming back this year. What we will have in tow? I have no idea.

I'd like to see our AMC go back in a faster form, or maybe an appearance from the XJ-R. Or, maybe something else entirely.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/17 10:57 a.m.
wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
2/10/17 11:03 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: I think we are coming back this year. What we will have in tow? I have no idea. I'd like to see our AMC go back in a faster form, or maybe an appearance from the XJ-R. Or, maybe something else entirely.

There is likely another marriage to be scheduled.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/10/17 11:34 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: [URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/dusterbd13/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-02/20170209_221025_zpspg6mhycp.jpg.html][/URL] We stayed in the shop WAY too long.....

Glad to see the master and power assist still fits. The paint even makes my welds look nice...

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
2/10/17 11:35 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Just let me know, they aren't a hot item on eBay. 8.5" wheel should be able to handle at least a 255mm tire, personally that's just not wide enough.

I also have a set of 17x8 split 3 spoke mustang wheels with 245 RE71 tires.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/17 11:41 a.m.
RevRico wrote: 5x114.3 HIGH offset for the P71, 16 inches n up. If I had a jeep or a 6 bolt truck pattern, I'd be golden here, but I'm having trouble even finding mustang takeoffs. Honestly, closer to the challenge, I was thinking of posting up here if some florida member or someone making the trip had them and would put tires on them, I'd pay for it when I got there. Looked at changing the bolt pattern, but adapters are pricey and I don't think they'd take to autocrossing well. Craigslist around here is just odd. When I was looking for miata wheels, no 4x100 to be found, now they're everywhere dirt cheap. I figure once I quit looking they'll magically appear for less than the $65 each the scrapyard wants.

Hmm, I have some sn-95 stock 16's w/ v700's on them. message me through the board (email) and we can talk condition/price if that might work for you. They've been sitting since I bought them for that first challenge when Kumho's were $free to budget.

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
2/10/17 11:42 a.m.

In reply to wheels777:

This years challenge weekend is the only one in October one of our teammates doesn't have an anniversary. Dave is the last one to get married and could still screw this up, lol. Only new problem is Lemons is that weekend and the team is kinda split on which event they want to do. I've already put in for the vacation time and plan on going to the challenge. Hopefully the AMC will be back with a few upgrades.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
2/10/17 11:44 a.m.
wheels777 wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: I think we are coming back this year. What we will have in tow? I have no idea. I'd like to see our AMC go back in a faster form, or maybe an appearance from the XJ-R. Or, maybe something else entirely.
There is likely another marriage to be scheduled.

All of us but one are married now. Four of us had early October weddings. The new trend is having babies near the Challenge.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
2/10/17 12:10 p.m.
PseudoSport wrote: In reply to wheels777: This years challenge weekend is the only one in October one of our teammates doesn't have an anniversary. Dave is the last one to get married and could still screw this up, lol. Only new problem is Lemons is that weekend and the team is kinda split on which event they want to do. I've already put in for the vacation time and plan on going to the challenge. Hopefully the AMC will be back with a few upgrades.

I welded on the Jeep. My vote is the Challenge.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/10/17 12:19 p.m.

In reply to PseudoSport:

Bring it!!!!

We can have our own subclass

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/10/17 5:37 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
wheels777 wrote:

I have a feeling he's going to have to build another one to keep his record in the long run

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
2/11/17 6:50 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
I have a feeling he's going to have to build another one to keep his record in the long run

I hope so on multiple fronts. Angry and the Vairs were, was, is and will always be one of my favorites.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
2/11/17 6:30 p.m.

all comes down to finding cheap 19" 5x108 wheels for BTCC replica

1 2 3 4 ... 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XBczlr4wKIWVsmbrkzN2nmhO6F772oKtv6TMT66Ns7uW6E2WC6klqhOvFNIucPVQ