1 ... 19 20 21 22 23
Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/19/17 5:12 a.m.

Southbound and down.  Headed to Biloxi to pick up pete gosset and the bronze bomber.  ETA 800 am.  Gainesville ETA 430 pm.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
10/19/17 6:33 a.m.
TRoglodyte said:

For those of you who missed it in the other thread you need to have adult beverages before you get there. The governor has declared a state of stupidity because a Nazi is speaking in Gainesville. Liquor sales are suspended.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/17 6:38 a.m.

Mrs ShawneeCreek and I are at our gate in Detroit waiting to board our flight. Should be in Gainesville around 2 after a layover in Charlotte. Can't wait to get there.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
10/19/17 7:55 a.m.

Good luck to everyone competing this weekend! We didn't have time to get a car together this year, so we pressed the easy button and will be up at the local 24 Hours of Lemons race in NH with out already-built Datsun. We've been out of Challenge contention 3 years straight, but don't worry, we'll be back! laugh

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/17 8:33 a.m.

We’re on our way, but unfortunately the breakdown of another Challenger means the race tires that I’d hoped to have for the Rampage won’t be there- so at the moment I don’t technically have tires to run on...

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/19/17 8:47 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun :

I have two 15" 5 x 100 steelies with brand new (albeit a few years old) Dunlop Direzzas on them that will fit. I'll throw them in my truck. You can use them on the front.

Now that I'm writing this I hope you have the 5 lug conversion.

Ashyukun
10/19/17 9:11 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Thanks- Unfortunately it still has the 4x100 hubs, so i either need 4x100 wheels & tires or 14” tires (have wheels, just had the old tires pulled off to make mounting the race tires easier...)

It does have wheels & tires on it now- but they’re the ones I intended to drive down on and aren’t presently in the budget. 

hobiercr
10/19/17 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun :

Arghh, I checked your build thread and saw that. What's your budget room?

These are PIMP and in Gainesville. 17" Baby

Ashyukun
10/19/17 9:47 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Those are about equivalent to what I have on it now (both in form & price). The problem is they’re definitely not tires made to race, and I don’t have a receipt (and bought the wheels @ tires together so can’t just easily claim the free tires) since I wasn’t putting them in the budget. 

If I don’t end up using all of the suspension upgrades or paint I brought I’ve got a solid amount in my budget at the moment. 

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
10/19/17 11:06 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun :

I have two sets of 4x100 wheels you can use/barrow/buy, one is the set i barrowed from stampie they are 13 inch rims with 255 A7 ($100 budget hit), the other is a set of 15 inch alloy with 205 falken street tires 10% tread left ($80 budget hit or buy it from me for $50/set)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/19/17 11:16 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun :

I've got a set of road racing Hoosiers mounted on 13x 9 inch rims. If you can fit them over your calipers, I'll loan them. 

They worked well on a lightweight car for auto crossing. 

Ashyukun
10/19/17 11:38 a.m.

Thanks guys- will have to see if the 13s will fit or not.  

hobiercr
10/19/17 1:06 p.m.

The Brats have been collected and are inbound. Big thanks to Stan D. for picking them up and transporting to the hotel. I'll be there later to help cook so please don't eat them all before I arrive!

Ashyukun
10/19/17 2:28 p.m.

Stopped to check something on eastsidemav’s Miata so I snapped a pic..

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/17 2:53 p.m.

Finally leaving Auburn. Had some Saab troubles this morning, think it is fixed. We'll see. 

Ashyukun
10/19/17 2:58 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Sure, it’s always some Saab story, isn’t it... cheeky

Robbie
10/19/17 3:53 p.m.
Robbie said:

Finally leaving Auburn. Had some Saab troubles this morning, think it is fixed. We'll see. 

Not let Auburn yet. Still having issues. Truck runs but barely. Replacing fuel pump.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/19/17 4:53 p.m.

Tomorrow is our last Disney day and we'll be heading up to Gainesville that evening.

Looking forward to meeting lots of GRMers!

Robbie
10/19/17 5:11 p.m.
Robbie said:
Robbie said:

Not let Auburn yet. Still having issues. Truck runs but barely. Replacing fuel pump.

New fuel pump a no go. Heading to uhaul. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
10/19/17 5:19 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Noooooooo. What's going on with it? I know nothing of Saabs, but I'm sure that someone here does. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/19/17 6:54 p.m.
Robbie said:
Robbie said:
Robbie said:

New fuel pump a no go. Heading to uhaul. 

Robbie, So sorry to read this. Can you contact one of the guys already at the hotel to come and load you on their trailer and haul it for you.  Surely the GRM brain trust (there) can help get it right again.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/19/17 7:11 p.m.

Finally to Hotlanta... 5 more hrs of driving.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/17 8:10 p.m.

Current status:  in hot tub listening to Stampie build a bar in the parking lot below 

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/19/17 8:20 p.m.

The parking lot is awash in GRM shenanigans. Alarm is set. I hope everyone makes it to the start tomorrow. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/19/17 8:32 p.m.

i am sitting and editing the photos from tonights parking lots walk around and got here around 6pm. drove all night and i really hate drive though the state north of here. traffic sucks and the run after alanta always seems to take forever to get though. did not help i had to get off 75 and see the back roads cause of at least ah hour mess of a parking lot north of macon today. 

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S8cGvoErnu9vFW3DAjdRKqTFP84feX3WlmfgfyeVdfsCt2eEx8l9mtxPEW3mY1eJ