1 ... 20 21 22 23
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/17 9:00 p.m.
mazdeuce said:

The parking lot is awash in GRM shenanigans. Alarm is set. I hope everyone makes it to the start tomorrow. 

I'm too old and too young for shenanigans.  I'm going to sleep.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/19/17 9:19 p.m.

We’re here and tired.  To anyone I missed saying hi too, see y’all tomorrow at breakfast and the track!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/19/17 10:19 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

Smart move, setting the alarm before going back out to the parking lot to drink beer and bench-race until 4AM.

Justjim75
Justjim75 New Reader
10/19/17 11:10 p.m.

My wife and kid got my pressure up, way up so I left.  I packed a bag and got the heck on the road.  ETA 3:38,  22 min to hang out with Mazdeuce!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/19/17 11:28 p.m.

Hi guys!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/17 12:35 a.m.
Robbie said:
Robbie said:
Robbie said:

Finally leaving Auburn. Had some Saab troubles this morning, think it is fixed. We'll see. 

Not let Auburn yet. Still having issues. Truck runs but barely. Replacing fuel pump.

New fuel pump a no go. Heading to uhaul. 

In gainseville, in hotel room. Still need to fix Saab tomorrow. Saab runs but barely. Just sorta idles, but really can't handle much load. Crank sensor and fuel pump both replaced to change. Spare DIC swapped, no change. No vacuum leaks to be found. Car runs GREAT on ether.

Map sensor? Fuel pressure regulator? We're at a loss here and will probably need to hit a junkyard in the morning since no one stocks those old Saab parts.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/17 9:26 a.m.

My vote is on FPR.

Justjim75
Justjim75 New Reader
10/20/17 12:29 p.m.

Transient ischemic attack.  Y'all have fun.  

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/20/17 8:38 p.m.
sleepyhead
10/20/17 8:38 p.m.

also looked like the Q45 drag-off was a close one?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/17 8:52 p.m.
Robbie said:
Robbie said:
Robbie said:
Robbie said:

Finally leaving Auburn. Had some Saab troubles this morning, think it is fixed. We'll see. 

Not let Auburn yet. Still having issues. Truck runs but barely. Replacing fuel pump.

New fuel pump a no go. Heading to uhaul. 

In gainseville, in hotel room. Still need to fix Saab tomorrow. Saab runs but barely. Just sorta idles, but really can't handle much load. Crank sensor and fuel pump both replaced to change. Spare DIC swapped, no change. No vacuum leaks to be found. Car runs GREAT on ether.

Map sensor? Fuel pressure regulator? We're at a loss here and will probably need to hit a junkyard in the morning since no one stocks those old Saab parts.

Jnkyard in Gainesville had a 1999 Saab in the yard.i grabbed map, fpr, tps, iac, intake iar temp, boost pressure controller.

I was really hopeful, no dice on anything though. Basically we parts cannoned the whole thing and we still haven't figured it out.

oldrotarydriver
oldrotarydriver New Reader
10/20/17 8:56 p.m.
sleepyhead said:

the awesomeness of challenge...

The definition of "Grace under pressure".  Keep on keepin' on!

sleepyhead
10/20/17 9:14 p.m.
Robbie said:

Jnkyard in Gainesville had a 1999 Saab in the yard.i grabbed map, fpr, tps, iac, intake iar temp, boost pressure controller.

I was really hopeful, no dice on anything though. Basically we parts cannoned the whole thing and we still haven't figured it out.

sad

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/20/17 11:20 p.m.

video is up in my tread. its late and photos comeing later. good night all.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/21/17 3:39 p.m.

The concourse was a fun day. Had to suspend myself from the cage and pick gravel out of the back of the Spirit, but I think it was worth it. Now it's all over but the eating. What a great weekend. 

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
10/23/17 12:26 a.m.

Just checking in.  We made the 910 miles run back to the house.  In at 1:18am. 

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
10/23/17 12:30 a.m.

Just pulled in myself 1.30 am. Safe and sound. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/23/17 6:36 a.m.

Team Stampie all made it home. Now we really dread going to work this morning. 

Patrick
10/23/17 7:52 a.m.

I'm at the most disgusting comfort inn ever and had to spend 30 minutes on phone last night to get my reward points back that were supposed to cover me until friday.  Today can only be better than yesterday 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/23/17 7:56 a.m.

It was great finally getting to meet a lot of you and seeing the amazing builds in person.

HUGE thanks to Pete for showing us around and introducing us to everyone. It was great to finally meet you!

That was the perfect way to cap off an incredible vacation! 

Patrick
10/23/17 8:15 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

Sorry we couldn't do much more than say hi, i was in high demand and about to get judged when you came around.  

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/23/17 8:40 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

It was so good to meet you and Morbid. Really wanted to spend a little more time with you!

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/17 8:51 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

Glad we got to meet as well. Always great putting faces with names. So glad you guys made the detour!

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/23/17 10:03 a.m.

The AMC Spirit made it home with enough time to get a few hours sleep before most of us getting to work today.

We had loads of fun and look forward to the next one.

Thanks for everyone's help and guidance for our first visit.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/23/17 4:33 p.m.

It was super awesome to meet everyone, I just wish we would have had more time. That 1200 mile haul home is a killer! 

Thanks for introducing us around, Pete! 

(Morbid, doing that thing I do where I'm too lazy to log in as myself and my computer is still packed in a suitcase somewhere.) 

1 ... 20 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oiXuhMT7LSDQnjrm3bRWXLT7SLP6rNcv3vj9KQpcxyPOl2Mxg7cLEgnxEhGWigFP