1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/15/17 12:28 p.m.

If things go well, I'll be picking up what will hopefully be my Challenge car on Saturday. There's little doubt I'll be near the bottom of the score list, but it will be fun to bring another car- if I'm really lucky I'll be able to convince SWMBO to come along to the Challenge (though that will require keeping the interior of the car more intact for the drive down).

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/15/17 7:53 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
SVreX wrote: Pretty sure I am still the only guy that showed up and ran BOTH the autocross and drag strip on a tandem bicycle.
IIRC, beat a car doing it. I still laugh when I remember watching the ride down the strip.

That's correct.

Our 42 second quarter mile pass was good enough to beat one of our 4-wheeled counterparts, and nearly kill 2 old farts wearing pants 8 sizes too big.

If you think Alan McCrispin is competitive driving a car, you ought to see what if feels like when he's on the back of the tandem hopelessly trying to apply every once of his competitive nature to your own hind quarters to whoop your pathetically out-of-shape rear to a staggeringly slow speed that could be out-paced with a glacier's movement!

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
2/26/17 5:53 a.m.

Funny item...we had the original purchase of the car recouped except $4. We are diligent in sorting our scraps so that it can be weighed and recovered in the budget accurately. We go so far as to sort out and/or remove items that get tossed into the wrong bins. On Friday, I needed to do a quick scrap run. In stead of taking a full load I just took the Challenge car tin and a bunch of sorted metals not from the primary car...long story short...$3.30....yup, I have to continue to track $0.70 to complete the sell down....this has gone too far!!!!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/26/17 7:34 a.m.

On scrap i weigh what comes off, then toss it in with the rest. When i take it in(I won't go if I have under 800# because scrap yard is 2 gallons of fuel away) the receipt gives the price per ton. From there it's easy to figure out what the challenge car scrap was worth.

I had a dream that i showed up with mine as it sits, then realized that we towed 1000 miles without a steering rack, engine, cage, body. Somehow i was on foot in central Florida looking for parts to have a parking lot thrash assembly when i came across some backwoods yard sale with a 5.3 and the price tag said $7500. At that point, thankfully, I woke up. It was probably my wife's fault because right before i fell asleep she asked "so how do you propose we get two cars to Florida?"

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
2/26/17 7:44 a.m.
patgizz wrote: ...she asked "so how do you propose we get two cars to Florida?"

I plan to attend this year but not bring a car to compete with. If one is hyw drivable, I could take it down for you.
Seriously.

patgizz
2/26/17 8:52 a.m.
John Welsh wrote:
patgizz wrote: ...she asked "so how do you propose we get two cars to Florida?"
I plan to attend this year but not bring a car to compete with. If one is hyw drivable, I could take it down for you. Seriously.

will keep that very seriously in mind if we try to bring 2. plan now is bring one car. we have a backup plan, and a second plan that involves 2 if for some reason assembly of primary goes so easily that it's done with months to spare.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/26/17 8:52 a.m.

We are finally starting to kick real ass and the build. Its all little stuff now. Like a whole wiring harness.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/6/17 7:37 a.m.

[URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/dusterbd13/media/amc/20170405_195911_zpsicctjwhc.jpg.html][/URL]

Im bringing a sledgehammer to the gun fight....

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
4/6/17 8:49 a.m.

I like the photo. So you named your car "The Sledgehammer"?? I like that.
One of our cars was named "Ka-Bluey" because we expected it to explode at some point. Our British car was labeled "Bloody L". <- Saying that with a British accent gives you something like .... Bloody Hell, what have you gone and done.
We don't have a nick-name for the $2017 car yet, but I did start the build book. :)

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/6/17 8:55 a.m.

In reply to spin_out:

Kind of a working name. Its crude, brutal, and simle. Kind of like a sledgehammer to the face in the middle of a sunny and flowery meadow.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/6/17 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

The Spirit of Destruction?

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
4/6/17 5:06 p.m.

PACC Racing is planning to bring the 'R5D7' and the 'SR-74'. You'll know which one is which when you see them.

patgizz
4/6/17 5:17 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: PACC Racing is planning to bring the 'Tetanus Express 2.0' and the 'SR-74'.You'll know which one is which when you see them.

See you in a few weeks and my lips are sealed from the last visit. I expect to have some progress to show you by the time I come get the body

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/6/17 5:22 p.m.

Will the body be in the trunk due to somebody blabbing?

patgizz
4/6/17 5:24 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Will the body be in the trunk due to somebody blabbing?

Um, body will be in the frunk

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/6/17 5:33 p.m.

I see what you did there....

My truck is coming along, I just used it to move 2500 square feet of pavers and it handled it like a champ.

I just fixed the C5 vette's diff freeing me up to commence yanking the LT1 out of the trailerparkcet.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/17 5:56 p.m.

Gotta decide if I NEED a camshaft for the new engine or if I should just plunk it in, fire her up.

Spring break with work and the kiddos slowed down all production for a week.

Still need a few items. Air cleaner, Someone to trade me hoods, someone who wants to trade for bigger wheels. You know, the usual stuff!

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
4/6/17 7:15 p.m.
QuasiMofo wrote: Gotta decide if I NEED a camshaft for the new engine or if I should just plunk it in, fire her up. Spring break with work and the kiddos slowed down all production for a week. Still need a few items. Air cleaner, Someone to trade me hoods, someone who wants to trade for bigger wheels. You know, the usual stuff!

I have a steel Camaro hood.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/6/17 7:38 p.m.

I've got half an engine and 4 too small tires, nothing else. Good thing there is a swap meet this weekend.

patgizz
4/6/17 8:04 p.m.
QuasiMofo wrote: Gotta decide if I NEED a camshaft for the new engine or if I should just plunk it in, fire her up. Spring break with work and the kiddos slowed down all production for a week. Still need a few items. Air cleaner, Someone to trade me hoods, someone who wants to trade for bigger wheels. You know, the usual stuff!

I have 17x8/9.5 wheels that will fit a 3rd gen

admc58
admc58 Reader
4/6/17 8:30 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
SVreX wrote: Pretty sure I am still the only guy that showed up and ran BOTH the autocross and drag strip on a tandem bicycle.
IIRC, beat a car doing it. I still laugh when I remember watching the ride down the strip.
That's correct. Our 42 second quarter mile pass was good enough to beat one of our 4-wheeled counterparts, and nearly kill 2 old farts wearing pants 8 sizes too big. If you think Alan McCrispin is competitive driving a car, you ought to see what if feels like when he's on the back of the tandem hopelessly trying to apply every once of his competitive nature to your own hind quarters to whoop your pathetically out-of-shape rear to a staggeringly slow speed that could be out-paced with a glacier's movement!

BBBWWWWAAAAA.... That was sooo much fun!!!

QuasiMofo
4/7/17 4:14 a.m.

In reply to wheels777:

I have a fiberglass one I would feel guilty for chopping up. How would we get them in each other's possession?

QuasiMofo
4/7/17 4:16 a.m.

In reply to patgizz:

What do you need young man?

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
4/7/17 8:22 a.m.

I guess its good that the Fiero is done (done in?) no time really to work on it. Just need to get down there to get it,And pay for it. Ever notice how fast time goes by when your Stressing about it. Like I can't work on it with it there. Cut the wheelwell lips off the AMC raise them up And weld them back on

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
4/7/17 8:34 a.m.

sorry posted in the wrong thread, Me Sleepy.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4In9ExmOiaIIcUUWrAviJYNCov5pUR5loQdqOI2NaWbC3xvucxnnEX5sIng2UuBq