1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/2/17 2:17 p.m.

Ours is running.

Hoping to get it out to the next autocross for testing. Or test and tune down at the drag strip.

Is challenge 1/4 or 1/8?

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
5/2/17 2:27 p.m.

The summer temperatures have hit sunny Florida early. (Thanks global warming....) I assume 94 degrees in late April will translate to 120 degrees this summer? It seems every body panel of our '86 Mustang is going to need 6 or more rust holes welded up. It makes me admire NordicSaab's BMW lack of rust repair. (But he did get destroyed at concourse.) Less than 6 months to finish the car is making me think we won't get in any testing time.
:-(

1/4 mile drag.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
5/2/17 2:28 p.m.

Gathering up pieces and parts for the engine and transmission rebuild.

Have begun removing heavy parts of body. Scored a unique rear hatch

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/2/17 3:34 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Ours is running. Hoping to get it out to the next autocross for testing. Or test and tune down at the drag strip. Is challenge 1/4 or 1/8?

1/4

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/2/17 3:40 p.m.

Awsome. Rockingham it is.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
5/3/17 12:38 a.m.

I'm still in the "planning stage", though at some point I should probably actually start digging through everything so I know what I'm actually starting with. Oh, and I've arranged a 3 way trade for a set of wheels that I'm not even sure will fit the car. Am I doing it right?

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
5/3/17 7:05 a.m.
darkbuddha wrote: I'm still in the "planning stage", though at some point I should probably actually start digging through everything so I know what I'm actually starting with. Oh, and I've arranged a 3 way trade for a set of wheels that I'm not even sure will fit the car. Am I doing it right?

No

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
5/3/17 7:06 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Ours is running. Hoping to get it out to the next autocross for testing. Or test and tune down at the drag strip. Is challenge 1/4 or 1/8?

1/4 mile.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
5/24/17 7:45 a.m.

HUMP DAY BUMP DAY...

JUST CURIOUS WHAT BUILDS ARE UNDERWAY.

The B&S C4 is undergoing a plasticrectomy diet.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/24/17 7:49 a.m.

Can't say. I can say the challenge build is on small hiatus while I put the LS1 in the Impala. I promised myself as soon as it got warm enough I was doing that because I miss driving that monster.

Datsun (backup challenge car) is getting new torque converter and I ordered duplicate replacement parts that I found way cheaper to keep it under $2017.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/24/17 7:58 a.m.

Were waiting on clutch stuff. Other things can be done this weekend though.

Last couple of weeks have been stressful cause of this damned car.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/17 8:44 a.m.

The Riv is stable and drivable at this point- I'm waiting to get my garage back from SWMBO to organize it a bit and make working on things easier. Next steps will be getting the upgraded rear sway bar & bushings installed and getting some R-comps for the stock 16" wheels (currently have 17" wheels off a Buick SUV on it- they look way better than the stock ones, but don't want to have to pay for wheels if I don't have to).

I'd LIKE to get it out to the strip and the AX course to see how it does in stock form before I start on engine mods, but don't know when I'm going to get that chance.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/7/17 8:05 a.m.

134 Days to go.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/7/17 8:26 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: 134 Days to go.

Crap.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/7/17 8:37 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote:
wheels777 wrote: 134 Days to go.
Crap.

133 Days till I need to start working on a car.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/7/17 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

Well, we atarted ours about the same time as your parking lot build last year. Ours still don't move undef its iwn power.....

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 9:05 a.m.

The fact that I've been working on something since February puts me ahead of where I normally am.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
6/7/17 9:05 a.m.

Stalled out after decent progress last week during vacation. Probably won't be able to have it running before the end of the month.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/7/17 9:49 a.m.

Mine has sat for the last few weeks- and is pretty likely to continue to do so for the next roughly month until SWMBO's show is done and I don't have a million things to do for that. Still working on getting in parts for it, but won't get to do much of anything with them except pile them up in the garage until then.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/7/17 11:56 a.m.

I really don't think I can keep the Rice Rod under budget without too many compromises that will affect its post-Challenge life.

What I'm saying is wow there sure are lots of 3rd gen Camaros and El Camino's for sale near me!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
6/7/17 12:24 p.m.

I found out my motor I was going to use is complete garbage and not salvageable.

This puts a BIG damper on everything. Unless people have 2.3 turbo or v8 mustang manual transmissions laying around that are usable as is....

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/16/17 9:24 p.m.

I thought of you guys today when I was at my local metal store and saw their scrap bin.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/17 9:37 p.m.
Stampie wrote: I thought of you guys today when I was at my local metal store and saw their scrap bin.

I need that.

Mine is almost ready to put the hood and decklid back on so i can push it outside and get the Datsun inside to prep for roadkill drags in 2 weeks.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/21/17 8:19 p.m.

120 days

Volvo122
Volvo122 New Reader
6/21/17 8:24 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

Nines?

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners