1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/15 6:06 p.m.

Free train! Transport might be a bit high, but I believe there are special train roads all over the US which should help.

"It has been moved before".

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/zip/4944740147.html

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/15 6:08 p.m.

Those are beautiful. I would love to have the first few feet of an Electromotive cab coming through the wall of my ginormous future-garage.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/15 6:16 p.m.

79 hours away.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/15 6:18 p.m.

Choo Choo maternal Berkeley

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/23/15 6:20 p.m.

Wonder if there's a scrap yard within reasonable distance.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/23/15 6:32 p.m.

1900? Um...no. F7s debut in 1949. I'd torch the cab off and scrap the rest. And do this:

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/23/15 6:49 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Haha you beat me to it.

The cab is the only thing worth saving.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
3/23/15 6:54 p.m.

Graft that cab onto a motorhome like Aussie's. Watch all the heads rotating as you cruise down the interstate.Keep the train horn,too.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/23/15 7:13 p.m.

If I had put that ad up here where I live (which I wouldn't have ), the scrapers would have been here in ten minutes.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/23/15 9:12 p.m.

When even the trains are stripped and up on blocks, you know you're in a BAD neighborhood!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
3/23/15 9:23 p.m.

All I can think of is a COE ramp truck with some monster diesel. Was thinking it would be too wide, but hell, not like you wont be cutting a bit here and there before the project is done!

Around my hood, that add would have the scrap metal maggots crawling all over the carcass. Not so sure about in Alaska?!

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/23/15 9:38 p.m.

My kid would be so fired up if this somehow showed up at my house!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/23/15 9:48 p.m.

Honestly, if it still had the skin on it, it would make an awesome man cave.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/23/15 10:00 p.m.

Oh my GOD I want that so bad. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it or where to put it or no way to do anything with it but I want a free train!

I went to school to be an engineer and everything, but they taught me to be the wrong kind of engineer.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/23/15 10:05 p.m.

Mrs. Unevolved won't let me have it.

Me: "You don't love me."

Her: "Not 'free train in Alaska' love, you're correct."

She doesn't understand how bitching of an RV this would make dropped over a Peterbilt chassis.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/23/15 10:09 p.m.

In reply to unevolved:

Haha, when I was a kid I was NUTS for trains - I was 100% sure that I wanted to be a locomotive engineer when I grew up. It was funny, when my parents would tell others of my aspirations to become an "engineer" it was usually followed by questions regarding which discipline I wanted to study.

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that dream never came true. I probably would be making more money, but I'm sure the schedule wouldn't be that great.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/24/15 8:24 a.m.

all I need is a winning lottery ticket and this thing will be something epic! If nothing else you could make a cool shed out of it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/15 8:31 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Honestly, if it still had the skin on it, it would make an awesome man cave.

I was thinking the same thing...well more along the lines of "house" but basically the same idea.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
3/24/15 8:37 a.m.

You could turn it into a dwelling. Some people actually make old caboose cars their home.

Then there is this retired F45 locomotive that has been turned into hotel rooms:

I suggest these because there is no drifting event in the challenge. If there was then the old F unit would be perfect!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/15 8:42 a.m.

I want to know why some one put it there in the first place.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/15 8:44 a.m.
RexSeven wrote: I suggest these because there is no drifting event in the challenge. If there was then the old F unit would be perfect!

Bwahaha what the hell? Was Takumi having a fever dream?

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
3/24/15 9:07 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: I want to know why some one put it there in the first place.

I want to know HOW someone put it there in the first place.

As to why? Hell, its Alaska; the kids need a safe place to run into when they are playing outside and a bear tries to eat them.

I like this picture better:

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/24/15 9:17 a.m.
NOHOME wrote:
dean1484 wrote: I want to know why some one put it there in the first place.
I want to know HOW someone put it there in the first place. As to why? Hell, its Alaska; the kids need a safe place to run into when they are playing outside and a bear tries to eat them. I like this picture better:

YOu beat me to it. How? Why?

I like the man cave idea. You could get the cab and build a replica body in wood and paint the wheels on as a man cave storage shed.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/15 9:19 a.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

skin over a sea crate to create man cave epicness.

Gut it and open a coffee shop in it. Bonus points for getting an old steam locomotive as well and converting the boiler into housing the coffee roaster and roasting beans in house. That would make for the coolest coffee house ever.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
3/24/15 9:31 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Bwahaha what the hell? Was Takumi having a fever dream?

Multi-Track Drifting is an Intarwebz meme based on a panel from Densha de D, a parody manga of Initial D.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HJr5qVkXq66OYLiVYa7TuXe1fbqE4gDGAAyzQVVt9nZnKwuw7FrJC3AlO2Ozrc02