frenchyd HalfDork
Aug. 14, 2017 9:58 a.m.
GTXVette wrote: Frenchyd,If it can help I have rear end hubs for a jag with the Chevy Bolt pattern,but nothing for the front, yours for the asking. I have 6pin fronts that fit a GM spindle (from an E R A Cobra) but I really want to sell the whole Chassie

Thank you very much for your very kind offer. I do have several sets of Jaguar bolt on hubs and I suppose I can find some cheap bolt on wheels (it takes a Chevy/Corvette wheel) I'd just rather be cool and use up the stuff I have that hasn't been in use since the later950's even if it makes me slower..

frenchyd HalfDork
Aug. 14, 2017 10:01 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

I understand, you do offer an exhibition class and maybe that will be enough motivation to haul from up here in Minnesota down to the bottom of the country (lame attempt at humor)

Tom Suddard Associate Editor
Aug. 14, 2017 10:16 a.m.

Yes, we do offer an exhibition class. Email Rick@grassrootsmotorsports.com for details on that.

Ashyukun SuperDork
Aug. 14, 2017 1:03 p.m.

The Riviera I'm planning on taking to the Challenge has power seats- they're very comfortable, plush seats but they're a) wholly inappropriate for racing and b) in bad shape anyway. So, my plan is to strip the driver's seat down to just the power frame and to attach my racing seat to the power frame. Do I need to install additional bracing/structure other than just securing the racing seat to the original frame/tracks?

RevRico SuperDork
Aug. 15, 2017 10:54 a.m.

Who and how do I need to get in touch with about canceling this year?

Even if I had the budget room for a transmission replacement, I won't be able to personally afford the drive and hotel stay this year. (Apr is still 20% on the card I have with a high enough limit to cover it, haha nope not paying 20% interest on anything)

Reading the rules, my registration fee passes over to the next challenge. Is that the next calender year or the next I try to come to? Honestly, I'd be fine with GRM keeping it and just paying to register later when I actually can make it down, and I'd be willing to sign something to that affect if it would help with live streaming efforts somehow.

Ovid_and_Flem
Aug. 15, 2017 11:08 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Rick Goolsby by helped me with all things registration related last year. He's quick to return emails.

Rick@grassrootsmotorsports.com

Sorry you're gonna miss this year.

Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
Aug. 15, 2017 11:08 a.m.

Are window nets considered budget exempt for safety?

759NRNG HalfDork
Aug. 15, 2017 6:26 p.m.

Is there a statue of limitations on vehicle ownership whereby one could use something already paid (that resides in the stable) for years ago,in a future challenge event?

Ranger50 UltimaDork
Aug. 15, 2017 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

I know basically from when I did an aluminum seat in a non rollbar equipped Mustang the techs at all the tracks I visited where concerned with falling backwards. So in short, I'd say as long as it doesn't move/flex with significant effort, you'd be ok.

maschinenbau HalfDork
Aug. 16, 2017 10:12 a.m.
759NRNG wrote: Is there a statue of limitations on vehicle ownership whereby one could use something already paid (that resides in the stable) for years ago,in a future challenge event?

FMV. If you don't know its value, the forum can help come up with a number to put in your budget.

759NRNG HalfDork
Aug. 16, 2017 4:43 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote:
759NRNG wrote: Is there a statue of limitations on vehicle ownership whereby one could use something already paid (that resides in the stable) for years ago,in a future challenge event?

FMV. If you don't know its value, the forum can help come up with a number to put in your budget.

Is this value determined by what peeps are currently asking....or what I paid for it originally?

SVreX MegaDork
Aug. 16, 2017 6:18 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

Basically, either.

You could use a 20 year old receipt, or assign today's FMV.

You can't assign an FMV that is 20 years old. That's not fair market value.

759NRNG HalfDork
Aug. 16, 2017 6:50 p.m.

Well FMV 20years ago woulda been way over challenge $$$$ and today's FMV would probably put me over 2018 challenge $$$$....oh nevermind (RWD '03 aurora mash up)

7 8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

5 hours ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

6 hours ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

7 hours ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

16 hours ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

1 day ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

1 day ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

You Need This: A Quite Eye-Catching Green Over Red Ferrari

1 day ago in News

Not your usual Ferrari color combo.

Your Projects: JDM Autozam AZ-1 Kei Car

1 day ago in News

What are the realities of importing a JDM kei car to the U.S.?

Bid on a New Helmet and Save Some Puppies and Kittens!

1 day ago in News

Four helmets will be auctioned off.

Tonight on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Lee Grimes of Koni Shocks

1 day ago in News

This may shock you, but suspension is arguably the most important part of going fast.

Classic Motorsports Monterey Welcome Party Welcomes 2000-Plus Gearheads

2 days ago in Articles

Last night we threw a party, and more than 2000 people came to celebrate.

You Need This: E46-Chassis BMW M3 for $6000!?

3 days ago in News

Could this M3 donate its heart to your next project?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
mHI8KgmV6JYNorxwfkDCGNzkaRy9J3hA