1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44
AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/17/17 10:32 a.m.

My build book and challenge updates are available for public consumption here: http://andrewsautoshop.com/grmchallenge/​​​​​​​

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/17 2:12 p.m.

OK, after looking a bit through AXSW1686's build book, I have a question regarding the receipt sheets for the build book-

Do the receipt sheets have to be nice and fancy like his are with essentially a spreadsheet of everything on the receipts at the top, or can we just have a copy of the receipt and highlight the items we actually used?

Given the time I'd love to put together something as nicely done as his, but with everything that still needs to be done on the car I'm likely going to be lucky to have the book together in the first place!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/17 2:21 p.m.
Ashyukun said:

OK, after looking a bit through AXSW1686's build book, I have a question regarding the receipt sheets for the build book-

Do the receipt sheets have to be nice and fancy like his are with essentially a spreadsheet of everything on the receipts at the top, or can we just have a copy of the receipt and highlight the items we actually used?

Given the time I'd love to put together something as nicely done as his, but with everything that still needs to be done on the car I'm likely going to be lucky to have the book together in the first place!

laugh

My understanding is that it does not need to be nearly this fancy.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
10/17/17 2:28 p.m.

It doesn't have to be super fancy, but it should use the spreadsheet template provided, with receipts attached. DO NOT JUST TURN IN A PILE OF HIGHLIGHTED RECEIPTS.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/17 2:34 p.m.

Right, sorry my post could have been misunderstood. Doesn't need to be as fancy as mine, but the spreadsheet is necessary, and can be downloaded here: GRM budget spreadsheet template

Ashyukun
10/17/17 2:44 p.m.

Oh, I'm using the spreadsheet- I just don't think I'm going to have time to type up all of the detail (including model/part #s.... surprise) from all of the receipts on each page like AXSX's does.

Tom Suddard
10/17/17 3:33 p.m.

Okay, but remember that the more detail, the more we can write, and the more we can consider when we pick the subjective awards.wink 

Ashyukun
10/17/17 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Oh, I didn't say I wouldn't have much detail- I'm up to like 2 pages (maybe half of which is really necessary...) on my write-up of the story on the car and I've got a bit more to go (actually, I can't finish it because there'll likely be another page or more's worth to write for the next 40 hours or so...). I just would rather be rambling on writing than putting together detailed spreadsheets (I do that enough at work already...). wink

Tom Suddard
10/17/17 3:49 p.m.

Okay, no problem.

conev8r
conev8r New Reader
10/18/17 12:40 a.m.

Tom, et al,

Quick, hopefully very simple question/confirmation.

We are trailering in, since our car isn't registered. We are planning on having a set of "transit tires", so to speak. In other words, a set of wheels/tires that will only be used for the purpose of trailering the car to and from Florida, so we don't end up with irreparable flat spots on the competition set. We will swap wheels/tires to the set to be used for all aspects of the competition upon arrival in Florida.

My understanding is that if it's not on the car during competition, it doesn't count towards the budget (and may be considered as a "tool"). Correct me if I am mistaken in my interpretation, and we'll simply trailer down on the good tires.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/18/17 4:40 a.m.

ONLY COUNTS IF ON CAR DURING COMPETITION.

Tom Suddard
10/18/17 6:23 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Yes

Tom Suddard
10/18/17 6:24 a.m.

Trailer tires wouldn’t count in budget in this scenario. 

Ashyukun
10/18/17 2:00 p.m.

So, is there a trick that I'm missing to printing out the budget sheet? I can't get it to print the top lines (with the totals) at all...

Tom Suddard
10/18/17 3:09 p.m.

Hmmm, must be some excel/openoffice weirdness. Did you check page setup to make sure there was nothing weird there?

Ashyukun
10/18/17 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I did some digging into the depths of the settings, and for some reason the print area had been set to 7:21387u5428097 (or whatever the max row # is), so it was exluding the top 7 lines. Prints properly now...

Tom Suddard
10/18/17 3:38 p.m.

Awesome! Good to hear.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
10/18/17 7:19 p.m.

Will loaner helmets be available?  I ordered a new one, but I'm not digging it and might return it if there are loaner helmets available.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/18/17 7:21 p.m.

In reply to darkbuddha :

Yup 

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
10/18/17 7:38 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

In reply to darkbuddha :

Yup 

Thanks, that's good news.  I'll bring this new Zamp to compare, but it looks a good 20% bigger than my old HJC, and it always seems like head room is at a premium in the cars I choose to race.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
10/18/17 7:40 p.m.

Will we be given work assignments for the auto-x portion, as is typical of auto-x days?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/18/17 7:57 p.m.

In reply to darkbuddha :

Yup

Tom Suddard
10/18/17 8:24 p.m.

Let me check with rick on loaner helmets. I’m not sure. 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
10/19/17 8:27 a.m.

Anyone running Lexan Windshields need  a Tearoff get  measurement  ...   can  bring over  beer money prices :}   ... Glass also  Karl 

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
10/19/17 8:33 a.m.

In reply to darkbuddha :

Loaner helmets compliments of G-Force will be available. 

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ala7BtT8touwQtwsMjHWVErXdZvF1kVOHdU6KdpNYwIpjxGJJ3mnDphDHNzJed1s