1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44
bigben
bigben Reader
10/24/17 2:32 p.m.

Okay, so I've got to ask. How strictly were NHRA rules actually enforced? It looked like there were windowless and windshield less cars, no true headlight, and a bunch of pedestrians on the starting line? 

I'm not complaining or criticizing here just trying to understand for future reference.  (I actually think a lot of NHRA rules are a bit over the top for cars that are not deep in the 12s)

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
10/24/17 2:40 p.m.

Windshieldless cars were allowed with a wind deflector, which is in the NHRA rulebook. Every car had enough front light to count as a headlight, and we did have our photographers on the starting line (hey, we like to live on the edge). 

The Challenge rules list a few NHRA rules that we do provide exceptions to for slow Challenge cars, like the windows rolled up rule. 

So, overall, 100% with a few exceptions listed in our rulebook.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/24/17 2:50 p.m.

and then there was the Push Start Crew. Thanks so much to the Track Personal, they were Great And seemed to have as much Fun as we did.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/24/17 3:06 p.m.

but you should be prepared to comply with NHRA Rules  et al    (as in Completely)

bigben
bigben Reader
10/24/17 4:05 p.m.
GTXVette said:

and then there was the Push Start Crew. Thanks so much to the Track Personal, they were Great And seemed to have as much Fun as we did.

That's who I was referring to as pedestrians.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/24/17 4:20 p.m.

With a miata: is factory fuel tank location and battery location ok with an engine swap? Dont want to plan too far ahead to be legal

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/24/17 4:55 p.m.
bigben said:
GTXVette said:

That's who I was referring to as pedestrians.

Sadly we could not get the clutch to Disengage, they were Kind enough to allow us to Push Start the Car, we Made ONLY Single Car passes. Although we may have appeared as A bunch Of Cartoon Characters we all are Extremely Competent racers and Crew persons and Safety was FIRST. again thanks to Speedway Personal. Do not attempt this at Home. Lol

bigben
bigben Reader
10/24/17 6:04 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

*Should only be performed by professionally certified push starters.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/24/17 6:17 p.m.

Yes .... That.  Lol.     We Now Return Control to your regularly  programed Posters.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
10/25/17 8:33 a.m.

If you bought a car before you ever heard of GRM and the Challenge for $2500, it was super rare (1 of 361) and the rare part (manual trans, Volvo s70 t5) busted and due to parts not existing it sat for a year+, is it still worth $2500 towards a challenge car?

Tom Suddard
10/25/17 8:44 a.m.

Was the transmission busted when you bought it?

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
10/25/17 9:58 a.m.

No sir

Tom Suddard
10/25/17 10:30 a.m.

Okay, I'd say you can FMV it then.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/25/17 10:37 a.m.

I know you probably don’t want suggestions for more work. Would it be possible for you to create a challenge Q&A page so it would be easy to browse previously asked questions with answers.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
10/25/17 11:26 a.m.

Like "what does FMV mean?"  Lol, thanks for the quick ruling, I guess if I'm seriously considering a build it's time to read up 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/25/17 11:51 a.m.

FMV means fair market value. Generally accepted to be put up a post asking GRM forum community to decide it's value. 

wae
wae Dork
10/25/17 12:04 p.m.
GTXVette said:

From up in the stands we named that group "reverse gear" laugh

FE3tMX5
FE3tMX5 New Reader
10/25/17 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Yes- stock fuel tank and battery locations are legal in the Miata.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/17 1:07 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I know you probably don’t want suggestions for more work. Would it be possible for you to create a challenge Q&A page so it would be easy to browse previously asked questions with answers.

On http://www.grmchallenge.com/rules/ there is a Q&A section at the bottom. Perhaps it could be expanded somewhat.

Tom Suddard
10/25/17 1:11 p.m.

Not a bad idea, i'll work on it.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/25/17 4:04 p.m.

In reply to wae :

now that's Funny right there!!!!!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
10/25/17 4:41 p.m.

So I should ask y'all what the FMV of a 1998 Volvo S70 T5 MANUAL is with 250k mileage, 3 busted motor mounts and a transmission with a hole in the case due to a (most likely) broken diff that munched the rest of the guts is worth?  All stock save for the synthetic fluids I put in.  Is this the correct thread?

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/25/17 5:02 p.m.

Sounds like Scrap to me.  I forgot the thread title but this isn't it. Fact is we were asked months ago when Tom started this one not to Muck it up with Stupid Stuff. Your willingness to resurrect the car shows there is more here than your telling and Tom Offered you a two for one.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
10/25/17 7:49 p.m.

Sorry if this has been answered before somewhere else.  I looked for relevant topic headlines but did not find an answer.

While I enjoyed watching the Scoobie Do van do its thing on video, I'm not sure why this car is legal.  After all, it has been described as a Dwarf car with a Subaru van body.  If that is in fact the case, how is the car eligible for competition since it has a tube-frame chassis and the body does nothing structural as far as I can determine? 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/25/17 7:56 p.m.
Jerry From LA said:

Sorry if this has been answered before somewhere else.  I looked for relevant topic headlines but did not find an answer.

While I enjoyed watching the Scoobie Do van do its thing on video, I'm not sure why this car is legal.  After all, it has been described as a Dwarf car with a Subaru van body.  If that is in fact the case, how is the car eligible for competition since it has a tube-frame chassis and the body does nothing structural as far as I can determine? 

I was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to rock the boat by asking.

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wQMpi9ZcO7sUioxjVINpqCliAVYT3548sJw0N3doDrhnrYKRl8BlmTENReFxqFPq