1 ... 43 44 45
Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
12/5/19 10:35 a.m.

The other question asked was would a Bradley GT body count as production since they did make turn key Bradley GTs and they have serial numbers as seen below. Also if they count would other turn key kit cars count?  These questions are assuming the competitor is using the body only without a "pan".

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
12/5/19 10:41 a.m.

In reply to Run_Away :

I may need to get in touch with you, I'm next door not far from the MB border (in SK) so I may be able to lend a hand in some challenge endevours! I know I can't make the event myself, but I'd like to assist if I can!  

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/5/19 11:59 a.m.
gumby said:

In reply to SVreX :

I think this is a fair discussion, and open for multiple interpretations. The intent of the rule makers must be kept in mind. I would venture to say they are looking to see a certain type of finished product that is recognizable by readers as a production based vehicle.

In your Miata example, let's use the roller skate as the base of an Exocet. Would you consider an Exocet to still be recognizable to the general reader as production based?

I agree with your example, but the rules permit a car with no body at all, as long as the frame rails came from a production vehicle. And it permits modifying them. 

I don’t think modified frame rails will be recognizable as a car.

1 ... 43 44 45
Our Preferred Partners
JArlceQ9QbzIPcQrdLAxp8fwugnklHNwZMb68m7TPiUlxLHXvlPAcGQQxazyX6Ej