Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/4/09 10:11 a.m.

The junkyard back home has a big pile of aftermarket mufflers. You have any options like that?

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
1/4/09 11:29 a.m.

A summit branded turbo muffler cost me $15 last time I needed a quiet one.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/4/09 11:39 a.m.

Summit for exhaust, period. I like the Summit brand Turbo mufflers for super-quiet, and the Summit brand fully-welded race mufflers for a little noise.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar New Reader
1/4/09 12:54 p.m.

Take a look at the Dynomax Super Turbos. They offer center in / center out and have a lifetime guarantee. Their catalog is available online.

I have one of the Camaro/Firebird style on my Intrepid with the stock hollow resonator up front. The car has a pretty nice sound to it. A little bit of a growl but nothing that will wake the neighbors.

The pair on my Barracuda sound better, but I’m not normally firing that up at 5:30 in the morning…

-Rob

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
1/4/09 1:00 p.m.

I buy used brand name mufflers from eBay, recently picked up a pair of stainless Flowmaster mufflers and tips from a C4 for $20

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
1/4/09 2:54 p.m.

If you could live with one offset port the ARVIN Cherry Bomb Turbo II is not to bad at $14

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury New Reader
1/4/09 3:05 p.m.

Has anyone ever had any luck with a "looping" or "twin-loop" muffler design? Example, EBAY item 360121327069. Looks plausible, but I want some feedback if possible. I want to uncork my system, but I use this car daily including trips out with the wife. She hated my last car's exhaust which wasnt all that loud, but was noticably more "buzzy" than stock. I really value the sound level as well as HP gains with this purchase, so I am willing to shell out a few more bucks for better noise suppression. I guess adding on a resonator would help too. Any thoughts?

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
1/4/09 5:21 p.m.

Another vote for Dynomax Super Turbos. Every inlet/outlet combo possible, 682 different diameters available, and dirt cheap. Sound reasonable, too, even on POS 4-cylinder Saturns that I've had them on.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/4/09 7:53 p.m.

Dynomax's are great as well (buy em from Summit!). I have the Summit fully-welded center/center in the garage for the RX-7 (if the damn snow ever &^#$*&^ melts!) and I've used the Dynomax Race Bullet's before with great success. I have Flowmaster's on the P71, but only because they were cheap. I'm considering replacing them with some Summit's (depending on how it works on the 7) or else some Dynomax or Magnaflow's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6gcQOYAnV30RMqn4JIBNXqQRaPKTYrgMpJ7Jjbguh1OK7hHINQUQtuZuATblXJF0