JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
8/28/14 8:02 p.m.

Are there any approved seats that dont cost 250-300$ per seat?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/28/14 8:55 p.m.

fia approved? no.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/28/14 10:10 p.m.

Some of the cheaper tube framed stuff gets close IIRC.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/29/14 4:56 a.m.

Sparco sprints are the cheapest I know of, but personally on track I won't run anything without a halo anymore (with the except of historics)

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/29/14 5:43 a.m.

If you shop used long enough, you'll find what you want. I've bought Sparco seats for as little as $300, and just picked up a Cobra for the same price. You can also find Kirkey aluminum seats for not a lot of money.

New stuff? No, there's nothing worth owning that doesn't cost a small fortune. My cheapest Corbeau is a steel frame seat that is horribly heavy and disappointingly uncomfortable.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
8/29/14 8:56 a.m.

The main problem I have come across in shoping used is the seats are for a 240z so they need to be smallish to fit. Most people dont tend to have smaller seats.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/29/14 9:15 a.m.

I haven't seen one of these in real life so I can't say if they are any good but google 'Bimarco Cobra II'

They sell for $244 new and $199 on ebay.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
8/29/14 10:32 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I haven't seen one of these in real life so I can't say if they are any good but google 'Bimarco Cobra II' They sell for $244 new and $199 on ebay.

Not certified for competition. Really a show seat.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
8/29/14 10:35 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I haven't seen one of these in real life so I can't say if they are any good but google 'Bimarco Cobra II' They sell for $244 new and $199 on ebay.

Are you sure? Bimarco do make a lot of FIA seats at low price, although I thought they started at $300

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
8/29/14 10:41 a.m.

FIA approved, non-steel tube seats are definitely Bimarco's for the cheapest. About $400us with shipping.

Now, there is also the Momo Start. Fia approved, fibreglass. Its $459US with free shipping from any racing outfit in the US. I just bought one from saferacer.

I am 5'8", 170lbs, 34" waist and it fits me quite snug (perfect for a racing seat)!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
8/29/14 10:56 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote:
Are you sure? Bimarco do make a lot of FIA seats at low price, although I thought they started at $300

Straight from there site.

FIA Certification BIMARCO has gone through the difficult process to get their seats approved for FIA certification. Only the Cobra and Cobra II is not approved. FIA certification can be viewed here.

http://bimarcoseats.com/cms.php?id_cms=3

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/29/14 10:58 a.m.

Corbeaus are pretty cheap, but i don't think you're getting FIA approved for under $300.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
8/29/14 11:43 a.m.

Looks like Corbeau Forzas are my best bet.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/29/14 1:05 p.m.
JacktheRiffer wrote: The main problem I have come across in shoping used is the seats are for a 240z so they need to be smallish to fit. Most people dont tend to have smaller seats.

Try a Spitfire.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ewg2GW8DSHY2j9LRGtOP022dnk376qI7I9J0bRRX7ttm1P2y9OYZ9MbNOs0X27Oi