Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
9/11/19 11:12 a.m.

Paid Article Presented by Motul

Choosing motor oil for an older car—be it 20 years old or 100—is never straightforward. Why? Simple: Oil—like almost every other part we install on our cars—comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes. And modern cars, with modern emissions and fuel economy targets, have only added to the complexity. Shop for oil, and …

Read the rest of the story

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/11/19 11:38 a.m.

Great.  If they could just figure how to market their oil.  

AlcantaraFTW
AlcantaraFTW New Reader
9/12/19 8:50 a.m.

Speaking with expert tribologists from the likes of DysonAnalysis, I've often heard Motul makes great marketing for a just-ok oil. Can't say that type of thing on a Subaru forum where people swear on their mothers that switching to $100 of gear oil fixed their transmission issues.

It seems oil is far more complicated than just "which brand is best"...

chaparral
chaparral Dork
9/12/19 10:30 a.m.

I had ten years with no kart engine failures running Avgas and Motul 800. I switched and started having them...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/12/19 10:57 a.m.
AlcantaraFTW said:

Speaking with expert tribologists from the likes of DysonAnalysis, I've often heard Motul makes great marketing for a just-ok oil. Can't say that type of thing on a Subaru forum where people swear on their mothers that switching to $100 of gear oil fixed their transmission issues.

By marketing I mean get it to the damned store so I can buy it.  

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
9/12/19 3:14 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
AlcantaraFTW said:

By marketing I mean get it to the damned store so I can buy it.  

That’s called distribution :)

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/12/19 5:20 p.m.

In reply to amg_rx7 :

Then they should get it to the GD market. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kbF1ysEC5SwcKq10kiO0QIWIna7PzWy5OpxJCbZy8yhnIu3uXSh6RHgEJzyakCBc